Better and better how?

From that article:

"For that fiscal year [2004], the government recorded a $412 billion deficit, the largest ever in nominal dollar terms, although not as large as some of the deficits of the 1980s when measured against the size of the economy. The 2004 mark was up from 2003's $378 billion deficit, which topped

2002's $158 billion deficit."

Well, I suppose teh "Better and better..." is that President Chickenhawk didn't match Reagan's deficit in terms of percentage of GNP.

Hey, how come your guy gets a pass when he cuts tazes but doesn't have the stones to actually decrease spending to match? Giant deficits and the campaign song was still about 'Tax-and-Spend Democrats!" Ha-ha-ha! You were conned!

I know what Rove's going to be telling you next: It's the evil Federal judges who are creating these deficits! The Valiant President Chickenhawk and his Trusty Sidekick Delay will cut those nasty (mostly Republican-appointed) judges off at the knees and rescue the budget! Ha-ha-ha! They'll con you again!

I actually admire Richard Nixon for a couple of things he did and one was the way he gutted it out in a budget fight. Nixon didn't like the budget Congress sent him, so he did something about it. Remember "sequestered" funds? Probably not, because if you remembered much history at all, you'd be a Democrat.

"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." - George W. Bush, President of the United States of America, Washington, D.C., Aug. 5, 2004

The RNC - Pandering to bigots since 1968

Reply to
DH

Actually you are wrong once again. The President has submitted budget with reduced spending increases that normally pass in the Congress but the democrats will not provide the vote needed to pass his budgets in the Senate after being pass by the republican controlled House. I would suggest you search the Congressional Record on this subject before you post misinformation on it again.

You forget to follow through on what President Nixon did back then. If you had, you would have discover the democrats when to the Supreme Court to force him to spend all the money the democrat Congress appropriated. The court agreed, the President does not have the authority to NOT spend the money ;)

mike hunt

DH wrote:

BigJohnson

Nixon's strategy forced a change in the budget dynamic.

This isn't Bush's first budget and, given his track record, I'm not looking for any significant cut in spending.

The Democrats have minority representation in Congress. The Senate filibuster is not a powerful weapon on taxation and spending because those bills originate in the House. If President Chickenhawk had the guts, he would have held the line on spending earlier. He's been caving in to pork requests for 4 years and he won't stop now. In the Clinton years, the budget fight went so far as to close the government. President Chickenhawk didn't do that.

DH