OT: Big sale on Sara Lee bread

Safeway is having a big sale on Sara Lee bread - if you buy 1 loaf it's $2.99 ea. If you buy 2 loaves, it's $2.49 ea. If you buy 3 loaves, it $1.99 ea. And remember it was Sara Lee that introduced the smaller 1 1/4 pound loaf to the marketplace - - no smaller price; only smaller loaf - - it used to be 1 1/2 lb, but now every bread manufacturer is now going to 1 1/4 lb - - we should think of a way to really thank Sara Lee - - by not buying a single Sara Lee loaf of bread on the shelf for the entire foreseeable future, and spreading the word about this favor Sara Lee has done us all.

End of rant.

Reply to
Chuck Olson

Decreasing the size of something instead of the price is a well-known. Dannon did it with yogart. Candy companies do it a lot. In fact, the late Stephen J. Gould, who was a paleontologist and wrote several books, had a least one chapter on the price and decreasing size of the Hershey bar.

jeff

Reply to
Jeff

Which Toyota should I drive when I go get all this bread?

Man, you blast me for posting Subaru automotive questions, and then answer a spammer like he's saying something important.

Whooo....

Reply to
Hachiroku

Are you self-employed, or do you work for someone else?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

What is being missed here is WHY. Increasing corn production buy subsiding those that make ethanol to save the planet is pricing some corn by product like corn starch off the market forcing users to switch to wheat starch, which is in turn helping to push up the price of wheat, to say nothing about diesel fuel going over $4 a gallon raising the price of ALL of those thing we buy that is shipped by trucks

It amazes me as to what gets the attention of Americans. Gas goes up ten cents and everybody screams for the government to do something. Yet when the congress continually refuses to allow drilling on our own land and in our own waters and that does not raise an eye brow. Hell I guess one should not be surprised they never took notice when the politicians pushed the average working man up form the 15% tax bracket to the 25% tax bracket and many onto the AMT roles.

Now we have politico promis>> Safeway is having a big sale on Sara Lee bread - if you buy 1 loaf it's

Reply to
Mike hunt

How much bread do you plan to buy (Tundra has largest loave capacity, but the Sienna may be able to handle more volume), how far is the grocery store (Prius or Yaris for lowest fuel cost), and are the roads rough (4WD, of course)?

Reply to
MaceFace

I have a Subaru wagon...

Reply to