OT: Chevy Tahoe

I posted in the Chevy Truck group and negative response. I will give the nice folks here a shot at it.

My daughter has a 2004 Tahoe that was involved in a rear end crash (receiving end of it). Damage to the right rear bumper and rear tailgate/cargo door assy. The insurance company paid a local Chevrolet dealer to do the work and it appears that the new door is plastic or fiberglass. Was this the original material, I never paid attention to it before the crash and probably would not have now had it not been for a decorative magnet not sticking.

Are Original equipment rear cargo doors plastic/fiber glass?

Thanks and hope all have a safe and nice weekend.

Reply to
CIL

snip

Regardless of the material you have a right to know whether or not your car was repaired with original equipment manufacturer (OEM) parts. You should ask for a detailed repair invoice specifically showing what parts are OEM and what parts are "other." If your doors are aftermarket you should probably have a conversation with your insurance company regarding additional compensation for the reduced value of your (poorly) repaired car.

In the future, be aware that you can insist on OEM parts in order to retain value in your vehicle. The best repair shops only use OEM parts unless the customer specifies otherwise. Windshields are an exception; a PPG substitute is common at good repair shops.

Reply to
ACAR

A Chevrolet dealer is likely to use OEM (factory original equipment) parts for repairs. The 2004 Tahoe was offered with 2 different rear door configurations. The rear pop up hatch is aluminum, which would explain why the magnet does not stick to the hatch. I do not know what the barn door configuration is made of.

Reply to
Ray O

Thank You ACAR and Ray O.

We are finally getting a little rain here in Ga. It has been dry and Hot..

Reply to
CIL