{OT:}Commonwealth Of Mass/Healthcare for all!!!

Dear Massachusetts Taxpayer:

Beginning July 1, 2007, a new Massachusetts law says that residents over the age of 18 must have health insurance. With few exceptions, adults must be able to show that they have health insurance by Dec. 31, 2007. Those who cannot will lose the tax benefit of their personal exemption on their

2007 Massachusetts income tax return, worth $219 for an individual. Penalties will increase for 2008.

Most adults already have health insurance, perhaps through an employer or a government program. If you do not, the Commonwealth Health Connector can help you or an eomployer to find the right health plan. The Health Connector has new health insurance choices for you and your family. These plans carry the state's Seal Of Approval for quality and affordability. You can also purchase plans through approved Massachusetts health insurance carriers. To learn more or purchase a plan, visit

So, this is the Great Mitt Romney's "Health Car For All" plan? You *WILL* buy insurance, or you *WILL* be penalized!

So, the next time you hear that Massachusetts 'provides' health care for all residents, bear this in mind. I don't know what the deal was, but the only good I see is to shore up a sagging Insurance industry.

Thanks Mitt! Job Well Done!

Reply to
Hachiroku

"These plans carry the state's Seal Of Approval for quality and affordability."

That means alot, doesn't it?

Reply to
tom418

LOL! Thanks for Making THe Best Of A Bad Situation! ;)

Reply to
hachiroku

Keep in mind, the more government gets involved with your healthcare, the less personal freedoms you will have.

What you eat, if you smoke, if you exercise, if you drink pop, if you drink beer, on and on. You will be monitored, your daily life will be measured. Enjoy more government in your life. Patriot act? That is nothing compared to national health care. Enjoy your freedoms while you got them.

Reply to
dbu.,

Some questions.

1=2E Do you have health insurance? 2=2E If not, why? 3=2E What would you have to pay for your health coverage under this plan? 4=2E What would you have to pay for health coverage without this law?
Reply to
ToMh

Snip.

So now healthcare insurance in the Masshole state are going to go up, just like car insurance doubled when they went to mandatory insurance and no-fault coverage.

And Mitt wants to be President. Quite frankly, none of the candidates really excites me. I've read Mike Huckabee's book. Yawn. And he's a fellow alumnus. All a bunch of midgets. For 2008, we need someone that can stand out of the crowd. Even Hillary represents more of the same (BJ that we got from Bill).

Charles of Schaumburg

Reply to
n5hsr

No.

Unemployed/can't afford it.

$322 a month, with a high deductible, $687 with a low deductible

$350 a month with a moderate deductible, $880 a month with a low deductible.

Don't think I've looked into it before? Nothing has really changed, except now you *HAVE* to have insurance. The premiums have come down a little.

And, when I have applied to MassHealth before (socialized insurance, with a sliding scale down to free) I have been turned down. Now, can anyone guess *why*?

Reply to
Hachiroku

Not to worry. Rudy Giuliani will be the next President of the USA

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Not knowing the details of the Mass plan, I still have to ask what you do if you get sick with no insurance. Do you have kids, a wife. What if they got seriously ill, Who do you expect to pay? Emergency room visits expenses get passed on to those who have insurance. People without insurance are passing the costs on to those who have insurance. So I say good for Romney for doing something about.

Reply to
ToMh

It was no fault laws that made auto rates skyrocket. The mandatory insurance law was the solution that brought the prices back down.

Reply to
ToMh

Mandatory laws don't seem to be followed by illegal's....

...and we don't enforce the laws with illegal's.

I say round every damned one of them up and deport them!

Reply to
Scott in Florida

Sure, when the control tower says "Porker, you're second in line to take off....taxi into position and hold..."

Reply to
mack

Tom Slick wasn't in Illinois where they basically made insurance mandatory and no fault at nearly the same time. As soon as they went no-fault, rates doubled. They did NOT go down again, at least in Illinois, when "mandatory" insurance was added. But then again, they still charge for Uninsured Motorists on my bill. If everyone has to legally have insurance, what the heck am I still paying coverage U for?

Charles of Schaumburg

Reply to
n5hsr

And we had No-Fault for a LONG time. I think Mass was the place where it first started, and the place where it last ended. We still have No Fault to some extent, but not what it was.

And, the State sets the rates, not the Insurance companies. Now, I drive in Mass a lot, obviously, but I also drove a lot in New York state and lived in Connecticut for a few years. I thought those states had worse drivers than Mass. People from those states think Mass drivers are terrible. Overall, I shudder when I see New York plates, because it seems when they are out of their home state, all semblance of Common Sence seems to just go out the window. "I meant to turn there, so I'll just come to a DEAD STOP right in the middle of the road." "I meant to turn Left, but I'm in the Right turn lane, so I'll cut across two lanes of traffic when the light turns green, rather than turning around 20 feet from here."

And the best one: "I missed the ramp to the highway, so I'll BACK UP right here...

ON THE ROTARY!!!!"

Of course, I also lives inthe Eastern part of the state...SHUDDER! And I

*DREADED* going to Boston. We pay for two things: the horrible drivers in Boston and surrounding towns, and the high theft rate in ALL urban centers in the state.

And since the state sets the rates, there are THREE Insurance companies writing policies here now. No GEICO, no Progressive, no All State, no State Farm, No Competition! They either left, or got thrown out by the state government!

Reply to
Hachiroku

Sure hope so.

OMG, I agreed with MIKE!!!!

Reply to
Hachiroku

I'll see him (and the others) on Tuesday night.

Attending the Fair Tax Rally across the way from the debate.

Scott in Florida

Sort of the same as everybody is not supposed to exceed teh speed limit LOL

If one is smart they will also buy UNERinsured coverage, as well. The fast majority of drivers own carry the minimum insurance required. What will 30K cover, two days in a hospital, now that Medicare has up medial costs by

5,000% in fifty years?

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

I've carried underinsured coverage since State Farm started offering it around here, somewhere around 1977.

Charles of Schaumburg.

Reply to
n5hsr

Mandatory in Mass, probably because we have so many uninsured illegals driving around.

Has been mandatory since I started driving 30 years ago.

Reply to
Hachiroku

Follow up: the US Congress is taking a good look at the Mass plan as a model for the rest of the country.

What gets me is all the mouths I heard this morning said, "Massachusetts has taken the lead in *PROVIDING* health care coverage for all residents."

Right...

Reply to
Hachiroku