{OT:} Complaining about gas AGAIN?!

NBC does it again! I don't know how many times I have seen this same scenario. Maybe they have the guy's number and call him up.

NBC news last night or Friday, can't remember, their "Pain at the Pump" segment...guy's complaining about costing him $55 for fuel...

Standing next to a HUGE SUV. Here's a hint: get a smaller SUV...

Reply to
Hachiroku

I have a small toyota. It takes 40 to fill it. It used to take less than 20. I have a motorcycle. It takes 15 to fill it. It used to take less than 6.

Reply to
Gary L. Burnore

I think they should liven things up a bit. Ask 'em if they ever considered running off without paying. Or if they had to make a choice between filling up or buying a carton of smokes. Boy, that sure would take a few minutes of thought.

Reply to
mark digital©

Are you saying that if you increase one of the multiplicands, the product will also increase?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Spent $33 filling my wife's accord hybrid. OK for me to complain?

Reply to
Art

mmmmm....Nah. Cost me $15 from half to fill my Mazda.

Reply to
Hachiroku

I'll take the carton.

Reply to
Hachiroku

And then try to make do with what little gasoline you had at home meant for your snow thrower?

Reply to
mark digital©

All my cars except for the Supra have full tanks...

Reply to
Hachiroku

Hi Hach!

On the news that oil is about $57 today. Yet, here in Northern Califusion, at majors its well over $3.00/gallon for 87.

Chevron is over 3.20.

AND

It ain't even tourist season yet

Ron in Ca

Reply to
Ron

You mean, the same prices it was when oil was >$60 a BBL?

Funny how the price of gas rises when the price of crude falls, isn't it?! But, if the price of crude rises, you betcha there will be an IMMEDIATE increase at the pumps...

HOW MUCH did Exxon-Mobil make in profits last year?

Reply to
Hachiroku

Ask any of your drooler buddies about that. The prices are 100% dependent on supply and demand, and evil forces which mandate seasonal additives. No other factors affect the price. None. Zip.

Profit nonsense deleted because that's been dealt with in other discussions and you don't want your head stomped on again.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Huh? Prices are also dependant on the price of crude. And the price of crude can go up $$$ a barrel if the Grand Poo-Bah sneezes. A hurricane hits New Orleans. The monolith on the moon emits a terrible scream.

The price of crude depends as much or more on political events than what actually comes out of the ground on a given day.

And when the price of crude hiccups, the price of gas goes up, since the suppliers have to raise their prices in order to afford the price of crude.

See, I have two things going in my favor here. I know a few people who either own or manage gas stations (about 6 of 'em) and they tell me these things. Yup...they get a call almost the INSTANT there is a rise in the price of Crude. And they all say that when the price of crude drops, the corresponding drop in pump prices takes DAYS to get to them.

And, I read the Wall Street Journal. Every day.

I don't merely speculate this crap off the top of my head.

Huh? When did I get my head stomped on? See above...I know what I'm talking about.

Reply to
Hachiroku

I was being sarcastic. Perhaps we need sarcasm tags here.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Oh...sorry... ;)

Reply to