{OT} crossword -->joke<--

The Pope was working on a crossword puzzle. He thought and thought about one clue, finally gave up and asked the Cardinal next to him, "What's a four letter word, ending in U-N-T that means 'woman'?"

The Cardinal was working on his own puzzle and didn't even bother to look up. "*A*unt, your Holiness."

The Pope didn't speak for a second. "Oh." He paused. "Do you have an eraser?"

Reply to
badgolferman

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ This is a little spin on an oldie about an elderly woman doing a crossword on an airplane. Her next seat neighbor noticed that she had a most perplexed look and a wrinkled brow, and offered to help her out with the puzzle. She said "well, it's a four letter word that ends in "I-T" and the clue is "Something found in a birdcage, and everyone agrees that the governor is full of this". The guy thinks for a moment and says "Why that'd be "GRIT". "Oh, of course. Thank you so much. Do you happen to have an eraser?"

Reply to
mack

That joke would never work in Illinois. We haven't had a governor full of grit in decades. The other stuff, yeah. A lot.

Charles of Schaumburg

Reply to
n5hsr

That just means you wouldn't need the eraser ...

You may need a different clue for the accross-word though.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland