OT - Dead man walking...

Which one, the Pope, the Italian muslim or both?

Reply to
Big Endian

The Italian Muslim, and the pope if anyone could actually get to him. I sometimes wonder who has better protection, him or the president.

Reply to
Reasoned Insanity

In message news:y4uFj.7864$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe13.phx, "Reasoned Insanity" burned some brain cells writing:

The pope takes a vow of abstinence; he doesn't need protection.

Reply to
Klark Kent

Reply to
witfal

"Klark Kent"... "Reasoned Insanity" burned some brain cells writing:

As a Catholic I feel compelled to do this...

*fwap*

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

Get your "fwapper" ready.

Since the RC church considers Peter the first Pope, and Peter was married....

...how dey do dat?

Reply to
witfal

"witfal" ... "Wickeddoll®"

Good question. But then, for many years, it was apparently okay for them to have mistresses.

I believe in Catholicism; I don't always believe in Catholics.

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

I believe that's legally required in Italy: The gumar

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Official dogma? ;-)

That IS my question. Catholicism, not Catholics, states that the Pope must be celibate. Interesting.

Reply to
witfal

"JoeSpareBedroom" "Wickeddoll®" ...

:-D

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

"witfal" < "Wickeddoll®"

I guess :-)

Maybe they realized these guys shouldn't get any for any reason. They were much more corrupt in those days; frankly I don't blame the Protestant movement. The Vatican totally lost sight of the mission, many times, unfortunately. And before anyone makes a crack, priests do not become pedophiles; pedophiles become priests...

...and teachers, librarians, day care workers, playground supervisors, crossing guards....you get my drift.

Having said that, though, the priest scandal is an example of the failings of (false) *Catholics*, not of Catholicism, itself.

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

I think it's too easy for the pedos to hide behind the celibacy thing. Maybe they themselves think if they're immersed in the Church, their "cravings" will go away. I don't know.

Though I can't state enough what differences I have with the RC church on other matters, that of celibacy is, IMNSHO, a travesty and self-destructive. The quality of many men willing to live the life, that are or want to be married, would do wonders for the church. To shun them due to archaic, man-made tradition, is simply short-sighted.

Very true. All the way to the top.

Reply to
witfal

Oh it's nothing so noble as that. They spread the word that this was yet another hunting ground, with the most powerful weapon, God, at their disposal. They are neither priests or Catholics, IMO. My Space, Facebook, etc., are the most popular target these days.

Sad, but true.

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

No. Other things are examples of the latter - like forbidding to marry in the first place (I Tim 4: 1-3). And "There is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Jesus Christ" (I Tim 2:5). I don't think we should go further with this.

Reply to
Bill Putney

Probably a good idea. It never ends well.

:-)

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

And like some other hot button topics, just never ends, either.

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

In message news:fs62k7$m4m$ snipped-for-privacy@news.albasani.net, witfal burned some brain cells writing:

Umm... maybe the celibacy policy was adopted at a later date?

Why, yes, that's it!

*fwap*
Reply to
Klark Kent

In message news: snipped-for-privacy@news.evilcabal.org, "Wickeddoll®" burned some brain cells writing:

About 5 seconds of Internet searching would find you the origins of the celibacy policy. It had to do with keeping Church/papal/priestly property safe from inheritance claims.

Reply to
Klark Kent

"Klark Kent" < "Wickeddoll®" burned some brain cells writing:

Yet many managed to father children anyway.

*sigh*

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®