OT Deport ALL Illegal Immigrants....

I agree!

Scott in Florida

More examples of the Dumocrat Party abusing the people of the country.

Reply to
Leythos

Much as I am getting sick and tired of hearing about the Reconquista up here, I actually disagree. As long as there is economic opportunity up here and lack of it in Central America and Mexico, we could hermetically seal the border and they'd still find a way up here. Just like the Berlin Wall, they'd find a way. Those wicked Yankee greenbacks are just too alluring. We could send all of them back and they'd start leaching back across the border before we could get 'em all shipped back. They're basically coming here for the same reason my ancestors did. They didn't want to become spaghetti farmers in Quebec, so they came where the farms were more square. (Every Quebec farmer wanted frontage on the St.Lawrence River, and every Quebecqois prior to 1763 had an average of 15 children so the frontage got divided and subdivided and divided again until all the plots were good for was raising spaghetti.)

Charles of Schaumburg

Reply to
n5hsr

If our politicians would just stop blocking the enforcement of our existing laws we would not have a problem. The politicians being bought off by illegal alien support groups, by the Ag groups, by the industry groups, we should just vote any politician out of office that doesn't strongly vote for enforcing all illegal alien laws.

Reply to
Leythos

There are are a LOT of laws that are on the books that aren't enforced. Check the average speed on the open stretches of the I-294 sometime. I've seen it where the RIGHT lane is up to 80. In a 55 zone.

If they'd deport every illegal Mexican and fine the businessses that hired them, that STILL wouldn't stop the problem. Like I said, as long as opportunity exists up here and there isn't much in Mexico they will FIND a way to get up here. Even if they have to go to Canada and come down. One would think all the assembly plants are providing opportunity for them. I see a lot of cars with Hecho en Mexico on them, usually with "American" nameplates. But either they are not being paid as well to assemble cars in Mexico as they are to mow lawns and bus tables in the US or something else is seriously wrong. It's not just about the Reconquista, even though some of the activists say it is. (Illinois was French, never was settled by the Spanish so we can't be 'reconquered')

If we don't deal with the root issue, stacking up hundreds of unenforced/unenforcable laws isn't going to FIX the problem. Big Government is NOT the answer. Look at Columbine. Klebold and whatever his name was broke at least 19 different gun-control laws. Like a few more laws was going to make them say "Whoa, we better not break THIS law".

It's like my old Corolla. It used to leak a quart in 300 miles. I knew it was leaking. I kept 2 spare quarts in my car at all times. But I had to drive it every day and had absolutely no alternate means of getting anywhere. I finally replaced it and now the leak is getting fixed. Getting the leak fixed is going to take some work. A new seal and a good bit of cleaning. If the new seal is contaminated by oil in any way, even after it is tightened down, it will leak. (Apparenty the replacement seal I had installed about a year ago wasn't installed properly.)

Charles of Schaumburg

Reply to
n5hsr

Actually, the businesses and the politicians are the root of the problem - if there was no job they could not find work, if the laws were enforced they would have no place to hide and no easy way into the USA.

The problem is the weak enforcement, the lack of fines at a proper level - considering the cost of an illegal alien, the fine should be $1,000,000 per incident increasing with each incident. That would stop the businesses from taking the risk.

Reply to
Leythos