OT-Do Unto Others not required

The judge awarded the plaintiff only the book value of his car but not what it would have cost to fix it. A repair would have exceeded book value by about 3 grand. I thought to myself, this isn't fair. The search for another car is going to take some time and expense. Acquiring another car will result in taxes, registration fees, etc. Shouldn't the defendant be liable for this too? The defendant admitted smashing the plaintiffs car. Admitted it was his fault. So how come you didn't pay the man? asked the judge. Because he never bothered to contact me he replied. The judge was livid. You screw up the man's car and then you make him chase you? the judge yelled. The judge continued, What are you? A moron?

Which brings another question. Does the moron get the car?

Reply to
mark digital

While we are off topic here, I'm just going to chime in that I am in the market for a new car, a 2006 Toyota Corolla. So I googled "how to buy a new car" and the first hit was

Very interesting reading. I've learned a lot. And I have learned a lot of how I was screwed in the past by car dealers. That was by my own ignorance, and before I had internet. I already know my credit score and I have my own financing, no trade in, so there is no loss there. Well, back to my research...

Reply to
user

If you want a pleasant experience, and you have your financing in order, you can use the Internet sales department of good dealers.

My son bought his first new car (a 2006 Corolla) from a dealer in Philadelphia.

We flew up to Philly and the dealer met us at the airport, drove us to the dealership, and delivered the car.

Very Very Pleasant....

Reply to
Scott in Florida