OT: Fight them where?

If you didn't like that election how about the fact that President Bush received the MOST EVER popular votes for a candidate in the 2004 General Election?

Reply to
badgolferman

GWB won the popular vote in that election by approx. 3,000,000, or 2.4% (which, acc. to GWB, gave him a "mandate").

Now... How about the rest of the story?

How about fact that the voter turnout was higher in '04 than in '00? 55.3% in '04 vs. 51.3% in '00. (Popular vote, rounded off to nrst. hundred thousands: 122,300,000 as opposed to 105,600,000). In '92 voter turnout was almost as high - percentage-wise - at 55.1%, but the number of voters was

104,400,000. And in '64 the turnout %-age was even higher than '04, with 61.4%, but the number of voters = 70,600,6000+. Hmmmm... your fact loses a bit of its punch.

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

One of the problems for the Dims is they do not understand the US is not a Democracy, it is a Reprehensive Republic. The founders intentionally did not want majority rule per se. They wanted THE PEOPLE, all people not just the majority, to have a say in how their government would function. Hence the two houses with different periods in office and the Electoral College

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

You know, I am surprised that you called this a "reprehensive republic." While I agree that it is not perfect, I don't think I would call "reprehensive," which means conveying reproof or censure.

It is more like a Representative Republic.

Damn those spell checkers ;-)

It also had to do with satisfying the big states back then, like West Virgina and Virgina combined (known until the Civil War as just "Virginia" - funny how Virgina didn't want West Virgina back after the war) and the small states like New Hampshire (big and small in terms of population), so they comprimised by having one house with more delegates from big states and another with the same number of delegates from each state.

I know this was not taught when you were in school, but I am sure you had the chance to read about it as it was happening.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

When I was in school the Constitution of our Representative Republic was still being ratified LOL

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

I just hope in 70 years, the kids in Iraq now can say the same thing.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

Hunter, if all you can do is repeat the same lame line as above, please just shut the f... up. Try to say something at least a little original, dependsboy.

Reply to
mack

Yeah, but that cheapass Bush still hasn't paid off the supremes, as he promised those wusses he would. I lost all respect for those putzes in December 2000.

Reply to
mack

Tell us something we DON'T know, mr. senior cit.

Reply to
mack

I'm not complaining about getting old, I simply consider the alternative LOL

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Why would you do that? The US Supreme Court simple reaffirmed Florida election law and returned the case to the Florida Supreme court for reconsideration. It was the Florida Supreme court that reversed its previous decision and allowed the certification of the Florida Election Officials for Bush. The more you looks post the goofier you get LOL

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

You statement was goofy and the historical record proves you opinion is goofy Keep up the goofy stuff, we need the daily laughs LOL

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Doesn't every one?

Reply to
Mike Hunter

That is Mr AH Sir, if you please.

Reply to
Elder

They don't even have to have been of asian/arabic extraction. Doesn't the US have enough of it's own homegrown survivalists who are sick of interference by the government in their daily lives?

Reply to
Elder

We lose a lot more people each day because of tobacco, alcohol, drugs, obesity, vehicle accidents. What's an airplane full of people worth compared to the number of deaths from these other causes? The door to the cockpits are now locked during flight, another 9-11 should not happen. Evaluate the risk/reward ratios and get reasonable.

Reply to
Moe

WHOOSH! This went right over your head. I'd suggest that you avoid working in security.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom