OT Fords new plan

Hey, Q, good to see you again.

But, what's this do to Ford's part ownership in Mazda?

Reply to
Hachiroku

For some twenty plus years the world has been passing Ford and GM by with better quality and designs. Instead of paying attention when they had the chance, they continued along, business as usual, and consequently are in real danger of becoming extinct.

I've no intention of buying their products but I hate to think of what their demise would mean to continued quality, if their is no reason to compete.

Ron

Reply to
Ron

You might end up with Microsloth.

Charles of Schaumburg.

Reply to
n5hsr

Maybe start with proper grammar?

Reply to
Alotta Fagina

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Oh Lord it's hard to be humble When you're perfect in every way I can't wait to look in the mirror Cuz I get better lookin each day

To know me is to love me I must be a hell of a man Oh Lord it's hard to be humble But I'm doin' the best that I can

I used to have a girlfriend But I guess she just couldn't compete With all these love starved women Who keep clamoring at my feet

Well I probably could find me another But I guess they're all in awe of me Who cares I never get lonesome Cuz I treasure my own company

Oh Lord it's hard to be humble When you're perfect in every way I can't wait to look in the mirror Cuz I get better lookin each day

To know me is to love me I must be a hell of a man Oh Lord it's hard to be humble But I'm doin the best that I can

I guess you could say I am a loner A cowboy all locked up and proud Well I could have lots of friends if I wanted But then I wouldn't stand out in a crowd

Some folks say that I'm egotistical Hell I don't even know what that means I guess it has something to do with the way That I fill out my skin tight blue jeans

Reply to
Hachiroku

So I take it then that no one is interested in talking about a Toyota-Ford partnership? Anyone?

Reply to
qslim

I don't see any advantage to Toyota partnering with Ford. Maybe Ford has some technology in the outyears that might benefit a partnership?

Reply to
Ron

Erm, why would anyone want to do that? Unless you mean Gerald Ford who has just popped his clogs -- but surely that would be verging on strangeness: the one relationship I can see working would be Toyota making hearses with Ford as "sponsor" (smiling image of him on the side with words of approval -- "I choose a Toyota hearse, every time"). That might be regarded as a mild stretch of good taste. Even worse taste, though, would be the manufacturers Toyota and Ford working as partners; enough that Toyota sells their technology to Henry Ford's lot as customer.

Reply to
Andrew Stephenson

I think the only thing Ford has to offer to Toyota is their reputation in pickup trucks and the rights to names like Mustang. Toyota Mustang

-- imagine that!

Reply to
badgolferman

You are in for a rude awaking if you think your import will not break down Toyota was the manufacture with the most recalls in 2006 LOL

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Meaningless without specifics of the recalls vs number of cars sold.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Didn't read my response?

Look what Ford did to Mazda. Do you really think Toyota is going to stand for that? They'll put Ford out of business (I HOPE!) before letting them monkey around putting undersized transmissions in a Toyota!

Reply to
Hachiroku

Ford actually taught Toyota how to make good cars at the end of WWII! A bunch of Ford managers and engineers went to Japan to help reconstruct Toyota after the war. Toyota STILL builds cars under the (modified) system that Ford taught them.

Coming around Full Circle now?

Reply to
Hachiroku

Ditto without knowing the reason for the recalls. Were they serious problems? Or were they problems that GM or Ford would have let slide?

For whatever reason, Toyota and Honda own the consumer's concept of reliability. It seems to me likely that they achieve this by offering real customer satisfaction. I know I'm much happier with my Toyotas than I was with my GMs, Ford, Volvos and VW. GM and Ford will have to bust their asses to get a similar rep.

Talking about "rude awakening" does nothing to help GM and Ford achieve the rep they need. Every customer who has to go into a GM showroom has to come out happy and every customer who goes in to a GM dealer for a repair - especially under warranty - has to come out satisfied.

Reply to
DH

Toyota's interest in Ford goes back a long ways. Before becoming chairman, Mr. Toyoda studied production techniques at Ford, and although Toyota was the first import to have a reversible key, Ford pioneered that idea. The first generation Celica shared a lot of design clues with the first generation Mustang, including long hood, recessed grille, short deck, coupe and hatchback body styles, triple rear lights.

Many of Toyota's first U.S. executives came from Ford, including TMS's current president.

Reply to
Ray O

What?? You mean we didn't really need an SUV even larger than the Suburban???

Reply to
dizzy

That's all ancient history, when Toyota could actually learn something from Ford.

Where would Ford be today, if not for their pickup-trucks and the loyalists that buy them?

Reply to
dizzy

It is because Toyota is THE most astute of all car makers. They find a problem and jump on it. Who had the marketing slogan, "Quality is number one", or something to that effect? Ford?

Reply to
dbu,

The cops still buy Fords.

Reply to