OT: Gas goes up 2 bucks and FINALLY comes down 20 cents.

So I ask again, what happened to the Democrat promise to lower gas prices?

Do-nothing DemonCraps. As usual.

Gas finally hit the tipping point at 3.65 a gallon here in Schaumburg. I bought it for 3.14 last weekend down in Kankakee, and it has gone down to

3.43 here.
Reply to
n5hsr

Cheapest here (North Carolina) is 2.84.9 at Wal-Mart, but I paid a penny more per gallon and got Sunoco fill-up today. I was down to 1/4 tank, so I put the remaining 8 gallons or so in. I love my little rice-burner...

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

The Democrats speak with a forked tongue on gas prices. They use to want to add mega taxes to them to create less usage. Now that its convenient, they yell about gas prices...

Reply to
GO Mavs

Last time I put Sunoco in my car, I noticed a sign on the pump that said that it was 10% grain alcohol. That means it has about 3% less energy than pure gas. So I don't put in Sunoco anymore.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

So my car got shit-faced?

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

$2.79 today at the gas stations near my house. I am in SE VA.

Reply to
badgolferman

All gas here is 10% ethanol..We don't get any choice in the matter.. We also have to use the reformulated gas.. The gas I buy these days doesn't even smell like real gas, and hasn't for a few years.. Smells like solvents, chemicals, and sulfer, etc.. Doesn't have same smell as it did say back in the 60's. I used to like the smell of gas back in those days. My grandfather had a Texaco station, so I got to pump it when I was young during the summers. And it was probably selling in the mid 20's cents per gallon for even high octane skychief... MK

Reply to
nm5k

Likewise here in the Chicago area. We have to use that re-f*ck-ulated gas that gets about 10% less mileage. So each gallon makes so much less pollution (I think the figure is actually less than 5%) but we have to use

10% more of it? Who did the math on that? Probably some Na-Levo government Apparatchnik. Or maybe JoeNoBedroom.

That's also why gas is so much higher here. In Kankakee, they don't have to use ref*ckulated gas although most of it still is 10% ethanol. So it's about 30 cents cheaper.

And I was right. The reason gas prices in Chicago are so high is "something" happened again at the Amoco refinery in Indiana. Every time they want to raise prices, something seems to happen at the Amoco refinery. A fire or an explosion or some dog pissing on the third rail. (No wait, that's the CTA.)

Charles of Schaumburg

Reply to
n5hsr

What Democrat promised to lower gas prices? I'm really interested in this. Please direct me to the source if possible.

Reply to
That Guy

If it really happened, it would've been as a prank to see how many Republicans would be stupid enough to hang their hats on it, and for how long. It's working quite well so far.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Is that because a politician would never lie or make a false promise if he's a Democrat? I'm just asking.

Reply to
That Guy

No - they're all the same. At least you're acknowledging that there's some balance.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

My suspicion is that no politician promised to lower gas prices. n5hsr's post stinks of partisan propaganda.

Pretty much all the political posts I see in here are from right- or left-wing automatons who automatically believe and remember anything that seems to support their side and disbelieve or forget anything that doesn't. This group is in dire need of a moderator to kill all off-topic posts. It's a drastic measure, but the group is so polluted with political BS it's practically useless.

Reply to
That Guy