OT: Great photo op

Yeah, I remember them. But didn't have a set - never interested me. Don't think I had a set of TinkerToys, either. OTOH, I did have a set of Lincoln Logs, and also American Bricks (late 50's) which I loved - very similar to Legos. Had neat casement windows which really opened & closed, etc.

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

I worked on the Engine Control for the C-17 (2 man lift..RIGHT!!!) 1/2 the unit was as big and heavy as the ENTIRE control for a 757...

Reply to
Hachiroku

Dude, seek professional help...FAST! ;0

Reply to
Hachiroku

I really wouldn't be able to tell you a damned thing about the 'new' Enterprise Island. It sure looks interesting, though. They are over in the Persian Gulf now.

Maybe I'll attend a reunion and get a tour of the ship one of these days.

Reply to
Scott in Florida

You can land a herc on a carrier, it's been done, but it's no easy task. They abandoned that idea long time ago.

Reply to
dbu,.

It was "Navy One."

And, no, my example does not fall flat. You said that flight suit was required on all military aircraft. I provided two counter-examples. Those ARE military aircraft.

Bush could have EASILY developed an itinierary that didn't involve holding the ship at sea for an extra day or using the COD to get to the ship but it was important to Bush (or his handlers) that he be seen as Mr. Studly War Hero (a role he did NOT play in Viet Nam) because they thought it would be good for his image.

Reply to
dh

You bet he never played hero in Vietnam. He avoided Vietnam just as he avoided going to most of his AF Reserve meetings. I don't think you'd ever hear a real military man intone "Bring 'em on!" ...because he'd be the one meeting the enemy, not lying on his sofa inhaling pretzels.

Reply to
mack

Having flown onboard carriers on CODs before, I'd rather have my ex pilot President do it exactly as he did it. Great for moral.

Keeping a ship at sea for one extra day for the President? What a horrible thing!

How about what happened to us on the USS Enterprise? We had completed a 6 month deployment in the Med and were scheduled to return to Norfolk. The Navy decided to extend our deployment for 60 days and send us around the world. Now that is a bit of an extension!

Scott in Florida

Tell us about your military service.....

Tell us how easy it is to be a fighter pilot.....

Reply to
Scott in Florida

There you go again.

Get the hell back to your shuffleboard and beer you babbling old buzzard..

Reply to
dbu,.