OT: Honda fuel cell car

It seems to me that our houses will be powered by fuel cells long before cars. If we cannot make fuel cells pratical enuf for a stationary application, how the heck do we expect to drive around with one.

Reply to
Art

I wonder how much the HE5 is gonna cost.

"Honda also unveiled its current model of the Home Energy Station (HES), a home cogeneration and fueling system that uses natural gas to supply electricity and heat in addition to hydrogen fuel for vehicles. The system is equipped with fuel cells that generate electricity (5 kW) for the home, and is configured to recover the heat produced during power generation for domestic water heating. The HES can produce 3 Nm3/hr of hydrogen. In addition to reducing carbon dioxide emissions by some 40%, according to Honda¹s calculations, the HES system is expected to lower by 50% the total running cost of household electricity, gas and vehicle fuel."

Reply to
.dbu.