OT: How the real war is fought

No true - I never believed we belonged in Moga, never believed we belonged in Kosovo, and several others. At the same time I have NO Complaints about us being in Ag or Iq, not at all, and I would support going into Syria also.

So, having been active duty, seen death, even was about 100' from a USO that was blown apart, lost frieds, have friends and family in Iraq, it would appear that you are completely wrong and uninformed of reality.

Reply to
Leythos

You are so full of shit.....

Go spout your crap to a returning vet and see what happens to ya...

I'll be happy to arrange it....

Reply to
Scott in Florida

"JoeSpareBedroom" ...

*snip*

Gotta interject here. Not true at all. The difference is that in disrespecting the mission of our soldiers, you aid the enemy. I'm not saying everyone should be in favor of the war, and yell, "Yay President Bush" (I'm not in favor of *any* war, to be perfectly honest), but I know that if I were to publicly spew my view on what should/should not be done right now, it would only hurt our troops.

I wore the uniform for 7 years, but I still have my individuality. And I'm telling you, the enemy (not just in Iraq), but everywhere, just *love* to broadcast war protest marches on their media.

My own personal views of Bush/the war aside, I think pulling out now (or setting a timetable) would be an even bigger tragedy than all the lives lost up to this point (including the Iraqi citizens). We, the public, do not know all that is happening, only what we're spoon-fed by the media (all over the world). Therefore, we, the public, should *not* know about pullout anymore than the enemy does. The only ones who need to know are our troops.

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll

Well said.

Reply to
Leythos

The theory is a convenient one for the pigs who invented this war: Wolfowitz, Cheney, Rumsfeld. It's an old game, and I refuse to play it. It's been done before, during two other war mistakes: the Spanish-American war, and Vietnam. I suppose it's just human nature. When you've made a horrendous mistake, you'll do anything to hide that fact.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Then, you must be an idiot. Look at Rove's original list of reasons for this war. Every last one of them has been proven to be nonsense. There's nothing left.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Any you have stated that you support the terrorists.

Reply to
Leythos

Spoken like the terrorist supporter you claim to be.

Reply to
Leythos

Your interpretation is faulty. And, the majority of plots discovered by LE here and in Europe came from good work by cops and spies, not because of our presence in Iraq. I like this behind the scenes stuff a lot, but it's not as exciting as pictures of soldiers and tanks, so we don't hear much about it.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

And you speak as someone who still believes the list of reasons. Meanwhile, your president gave the Saudis a complete pass, even though we know they supported the 9/11 gang.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

My belief does not give Comfort to the Enemy. I care about America and the troops enough to not give support to the Enemy, but you say you don't care about your giving comfort to them.

Reply to
Leythos

No, your busted by your own statements - you said you don't care that your statements are used to comfort the enemy. You keep sounding more and more like a CAIR member.

Reply to
Leythos

I'm still waiting for proof that my dissent gives the enemy a material advantage. And here's another thought: If one of our soldiers feels less "supported" because Americans think differently, then he doesn't belong in the military. He's there to protect our right to dissent. This is basic to the nature of our country. Properly educated people know this.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

"your" busted by your crippled use of English. No wonder you believe everything the president says. You're as hobbled by English as he is.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

LOL - "material" - now your diverting again. The support is not "material" although it's used in propaganda materials for their cause. Your support is clearly used to Comfort the enemy.

You support the enemy - are you Muslim?

Reply to
Leythos

Big words from a terrorist supporter.

I would rather be a Bush supporter than a Terrorist supporter like you.

Oh, and your Usenet Client is still broken.

Reply to
Leythos

Material support is what matters, as well as information which determines strategy. It's up to each soldier to find the resolve to destroy the enemy. I don't know about you, but I don't look to other people for my resolve.

Part of the problem with this war is that it was based on theories foisted on us by suits. No different than Vietnam, which was based on a faulty idea - the domino theory. During that war, the suits (a bunch of think tank kids) publicly retracted their theory as not being such a good one. But, the war continued because politicians needed to cover their mistakes.

The same has happened in this war. You aren't aware of this, but some of the biggest promoters of this war are not elected officials. However, they have access to our elected officials and they can be very convincing. One of them has been very much in the news for other reasons recently. I'm sure you know who I mean, because you are such a well informed American, with such a broad knowledge of how we got where we are today. It should bother you a lot when people with dubious motivations are making foreign policy, especially when they have direct access to a weak president who uses faith to make decisions.

Far from Muslim, or any of the other flavors of religious delusion.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Never mind my usenet client, which is Outlook Express. It will not be changed. Get over it.

And, go ask your kids to correct your spelling.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

It's annoying, and everyone except you is aware of it. Your English teachers should be shot. You know that.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

If all you got is spelling as a means to divert and defend your dishonorable actions and you support of Terrorism, well, you got a lot more problems that I will ever have. Allah be damned.

Reply to
Leythos