(OT:) How to spin the news 101

On the BBC they spoke with a scientist from the Univ of North Carolina about the diminishing coral reefs in the Pacific and Indian oceans. When the reporter asked if it was 'climate change', the professor said, "Well, yes, climate change is a factor, but there are others as well, such as an increase in predators, an increase in fishing in these areas, and

Reply to
Hachiroku

Actually, no. He didn't, if the words you showed, above, were the exact words used.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Some people talk the talk, others walk the walk:

witfal

Reply to
Roadrunner NG

(Shhh...don't tell DH that Gore's house uses 12 times more energy than the average home...he'll blow a gasket...

But, actually he won't because to him, words mean more than actions...)

Reply to
Hachiroku

They are. I heard it twice.

Reply to
Hachiroku

OK. Then he didn't say "global warming". He said "climate change".

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Semantics. It was initially the reporter who said 'climate change'.

The female headline reader was the one that said 'Global Warming'.

Reply to
Hachiroku

YOU are spinning the news now.

In 6 weeks, my mums will begin flowering due to climate change. Not global warming. Climate change.

If you hadn't been busy fantasizing about banging your mom & siblings, you might have learned about climate change in science classes.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

I don't care who thinks "concern" proves good intentions or anything else of a redeeming nature. It's a ridiculous and indefensible position.

If you're going to preach it, you'd better be practicing it. If not, guess what that makes you.

If, and I stress IF, I believed in man-made global warming, I'd much rather see a community of Bush homes than Gore homes. And if I don't give credit where credit is due, then that also makes me a...well...you know.

Reply to
witfal

A...a...a...HYPOCRITE!!!

I've said it a million times!

Hey, Al offsets his over use with "Carbon Credits". At least it makes him

*feel* good...
Reply to
Hachiroku

Um...gee...thanks! I think...

That's something like the Nat'l Lampoon 10th Anniv, where they had a bathroom wall with 'kudos' graffitti written on it. One said, "My mother would have loved you if she hadn't OD'd in the crapper...Liza Minelli"

Well her lawyers sent them a letter, saying retract it and apologize or we'll sue your asses into the next millenium. So, a couple months later, there was a full page apology...basically apologizing for Judy Garland OD'ing in the crapper!!!

I never heard anything about it after that...

Reply to
Hachiroku