OT I wonder if they'll accept pocket lint

mark digital©

LOL....

I thought Pesos were pocket lint....

Reply to
Scott in Florida

This is what's called free advertising for the food chain. Do something that's bound to get attention, even if it's negative, and watch your profits soar.

Reply to
badgolferman

Well in Canada they accept US dollars, even at Tim Horton's. At least near the border. I've never been that far into Canada. Toronto is as far as I've been.

Seem funny that I can get Toronto on my car radio of a night again. (AM

740) There for a while there wasn't any skip at all.

Charles of Schaumburg

Reply to
n5hsr

Yes , that's true. But try to find a merchant on the US side willing to accept Canadian currency larger than a penny, nickel or quarter.

I wonder what would happen if I tried to pay for my meal with pesos. I'm not Mexican.

Reply to
mark digital©

Most places I've been to in the world accept American Dollars....at least around the points of entry.

Reply to
Scott in Florida

Near the border, most accept Canadian currency. It requires some sophisticated technology, though: A calculator. And, something rare: A teenager (cashier) who can think.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Don't take me wrong. I prefer to exchange US currency ahead of time. When I pay in their currency it's a gesture of good will, and that I'm not just another pushy American. BTW, it's been my experience cruise ships offer better rates and reduced fees, and sometimes no fee at all.

Reply to
mark digital©

When I cross back my first thoughts are to find a gas station to fill up one tank and drain my tank;) Anyway, not to disagree with you, I just never saw any merchants blatantly advertise they accept Canadian currency. If I saw two cash registers I just assumed one was for cash and the other for credit, or each employee was assigned to just one.

Reply to
mark digital©

Maybe it depends on whether you're in a big time tourist location, or just a "place". Around Niagara Falls (which I try to avoid at all costs), they'll accept money from other planets. Over by Watertown, it's different.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom