OT Ice Road Truckers

Has anybody seen this TV series?

Holy crap.....

Those guys are NUTS....LOL

Reply to
Scott in Florida

It's on the History Channel

Scott in Florida

Yes, it is quite an interesting job. I wonder how much their life insurance costs?

Reply to
badgolferman

Tell us about your service Scotty!!

Reply to
Roy

If I were them, I'd buy it before starting the job....LOL

Reply to
Scott in Florida

"Scott in Florida" ...

I saw this last night. Yow. Tomes

Reply to
Tomes

That young 24 year old kid really impressed me.

The one that took that gigantic tank up the road.

Talk about cool under fire!

Reply to
Scott in Florida

Yeah, it looks good! You ever watch Deadliest Catch on the Discovery Channel? Ice Road Truckers must be produced by the same people. It has the same look and feel as Deadliest Catch.

Reply to
Truckdude

They actually had a one-hour show a few years ago telling how the Ice Road got started.

Yeah, but the money is good. I figure one guy's made $30,000 in 6 weeks!

Reply to
Hachiroku

And he's been doing it for SEVEN YEARS!!

Reply to
Hachiroku

Yeah, it is a pretty wicked job. I was shocked that the discovery channel picked it up after a small documentary on it. While it is dangerous, I can only take so much of watching guys drive back and forth on the ice roads...

Deadliest Catch is my choice of kick ass shows.

Reply to
Go Mavz

about his service what? as an ice road trucker?

or is that an attempt to bash him for his view on Iraq?

I am really tired of that old and tired demand from those against the war. I served in Iraq in the last year of my contract. I have the opinion as do many soldiers, that the war is reasonable and that it has served some good.

However, Scott does not have to serve to have an opinion on the war. He is a tax payer and he pays for a voluntary military and has just as much say as you do.

Reply to
Go Mavz

I am sure that the companies make them get life insurance or pay life insurance for them in case of a deadly accident.

Reply to
Go Mavz

according to last weeks episode... they can make a good haul... but they have to follow the rules to perfection.. one guy got a ticket and had to write a letter explaining his sorrow... and how he did not see the sign... it was crazy

Reply to
Go Mavz

No, Scotty is a sock puppet who called into question my military service in VN after I said that it seems that those who never saw combat are those who are quickest to put our troops in harms way.

Now I want him to explain his service. It is that simple. Your view or mine about Iraq at this stage have nothing to do with my question.

Reply to
Roy

Now we get to the heart of the matter. Tell us about your service Scotty. Have ya ever been under "fire"?

Reply to
Roy

Fair enough.

Reply to
Go Mavz

Yeah, definitely a group of bad asses. That show, Deadliest Catch, and Dirty Jobs on discovery are all great shows.

Reply to
qslim

My sister got me hooked on the show. Her boss, female, and she watch the show and talk about it at work the next day.

On her birthday, her boss got her a gag gift of sorts. Apparently the Discover channel stores sell women's thong underwear inscribed with the name of your favorite captain or character.

Hers said, "I'm a Sig girl."

Reply to
witfal

That is one cool young man!