OT - Irony Award

Yes, it is ironic that comedians can't make up their own jokes. However why would they pick on President Bush's speech? I have no problem understanding him.

Reply to
badgolferman

If your child or grandchild stumbled like Bush does without a script, would it concern you?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Why didn't they harrass Carter for saying "nuke-u-lar"?

Reply to
witfal

Maybe because it was his only major and frequent screwup, in terms of language. With Bush, it's all day long when he's without a script. Sometimes even with a script.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

I would be far more concerned if my progeny had an attitude like yours.

Reply to
badgolferman

Why didn't they harrass Carter for ruining this country and kowtowing to the Iranians. 444 days.

Reply to
badgolferman

You can't dodge this question. Children who have problems like Bush end up working with a speech & language pathologist, or a special ed teacher.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

This has nothing to do with Bush's language issues.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

You weren't listening. He's from Georgia, for cryin' out loud.

Reply to
witfal

Or becoming President of the United States.

Reply to
badgolferman

No need. History is his own worst enemy.

I told my wife when Reagan won that the hostages were all but released. My words were something to the effect of us now having a president with balls.

Reply to
witfal

Twice.

Reply to
badgolferman

....elected by people who like to whine about immigrants who can't speak the language, but ignore the FACT that their candidate can't, either.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

And Bush went to prep school and then Yale. Any questions?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

President Reagan inspired me to join the military. He made me proud to be an American and I wanted to serve my country.

Reply to
badgolferman

But he's Texan, for cryin' out loud.

Reply to
witfal

New question: Can you "cure a death"? Or, shuffle the words: Can a death be cured?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Or JFK for saying "cuber".

Reply to
dbu'

He also attended Harvard, and passed. Did you attend Harvard by chance?

Reply to
dbu'