OT: Is there a Kia newsgroup?

My beloved Echo has been totaled, and it looks like its replacement will be a Kia Rio. Does anyone know of a Kia "support group" like this one for Toyota?

Reply to
Brian Gordon

alt.autos.kia

If it's not on your newsgroup server, ask that it be added. Most servers will add whatever you ask. I'd think twice about a Kia, though. Have you considered a Ford Fusion? I'd be much more comfortable with that, if I were buying a non-Toyota in that class.

Or if you want a similarly-priced Toyota, you might consider Yaris (which is the Echo's prototype) or a Corolla.

Good luck in your search!

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

why cant you get into a toyota yaris???

Reply to
GO Mavs

"Support group" is about right...

Reply to
qslim

Just get a Yaris. It may cost a little more to buy than a Rio, but overall maintenance costs should be lower. And it gets much batter gas mileage.

Reply to
High Tech Misfit

Uh, that last sentence should say "much BETTER gas mileage". :-/

Reply to
High Tech Misfit

You're going to need it...

Now, I like KIAs with a couple of caveats I like the way they ride and feel, like my Toyotas from the 80's.

The comparison ends there...

They have been known to be Mechanical Nightmares...

And I won't drive anything with initials that stand for Killed In Action...

Reply to
Hachiroku

If you cant find one here ,you can go to edmunds.com kia forum, the rio5 looks better than the rio.

Reply to
EdV

My wife has a 2001 Kia Rio and never one problem with it. Rides and drives nice with good gas mileage. She loves this car!

I got a 2007 Toyota Yaris hatchback and love my car! I hope it serves me as well as her Kia for the past six years.

Buy most any car that isn't made here in the good old USA and you always seem to get a lot more car for the money.

I hope my Yaris will be as good in the snow this winter as what her Rio is. I gave both cars a wax job this weekend and did notice that the metal in the body of the Yaris does seem thicker than on the Rio. Although her Rio doesn't have a speck of rust on it yet except for the lug nuts on the wheels.

Rich

Reply to
Just Me

Are you aware that Nissans are made in Tennessee, Toyotas in Kentucky and California, Hondas in ...Ohio? I think, and other "foreign" cars are also made in the USA? Somehow I like to support American workers, so I don't buy Mexican Buicks and Canadian Fords.

Reply to
mack

Why do I think purposely buying a Kia when there are so many better cars on the market, both foreign and domestic, is a little like picking up the one girl at the bar who is not only homely, but probably has an STD?

Reply to
mack

Yep, I know that but foreign workers seem to take more pride in their work especially Japan and Gremany.

Is Mexico a foreign country? You couldn't prove it to me with all the Mexicans I see running the streets around here! LOL

I work for a union shop that builds cabinets and see the junk we send out. Yep Toyota does build some models here in the US. But the Yaris is still made in Japan. I think all models they make with the 1.5L engine are still built in Japan :)

Reply to
Just Me

I was working for a Toy dealer that has a KIA store down the street. We used to have to go and get some cars once in a while. I liked the Cinqo a lot!

Reply to
Hachiroku

A friend of mine has a rio.. He hasn't had any trouble with it so far.. But... He says he's not overly crazy about it.. Not sure why.. I think he thinks it's a tad cheap compared to other JA brands. But... They actually are pretty cheap to buy... So maybe not a bad deal if you want a new car that doesn't cost too much. The warranty seems ok.. His rio does not get as good a MPG as my corolla.. We compared notes, and I noticed the rio revs higher on the highway vs the corolla. And yes, the rio had the A/T with O/D.. He says his rio turns over 3k+ rpm at 70mph. My corolla turns about 2700 rpm at 70 mph.. May be part of the reason.. Dunno.. I've seen new rio's in the newspaper selling for less than I paid for my used 05 corolla which had 24k miles when I bought it.. MK

Reply to
nm5k

At least with the homely infectedgirl you can wear a double layer raincoat and probably come out alright, you know? Kias are some of the cheapest feeling floppiest-riding late model cars I've been in. I'll take the girl in the bar and just ride the bus home.

Reply to
qslim

You're mean

Natalie