OT (On Topic) Oil Burning

I have a '98 Corolla that has been burning oil for a while. I just noticed yesterday after a run on the highway that there was a big puff of smoke after stopping at the end of the exit ramp and accelerating into traffic and again a couple of times after coming to a stop and again accelerating. Today in the city doing the same thing there is no puff of smoke. It is not blowing smoke when I start it up so not likely the seals. So is this indicating PCV, rings, or what?

Mike D.

Reply to
Michael Dobony

Rings. Valves. Seals. Rings first.

How many million miles on the motor? I see a rebuild in your future...

Reply to
Jeff Strickland