OT: Pie In The Face Award Of The Day

"Guantánamo, a military spokeswoman said, does not have solitary confinement, only "single-occupancy cells.""

Pardon-mois?

JoeSpareBedroom

It's probably the same person who tells you that a hotel room is actually a suite.

We can't win against radical Islam if we we treat their prisoners the way everybody else in history has treated them. That will earn us only the same reputation as everybody else.

Reply to
larry moe 'n curly

"..the way everybody else in history..." ???!!!???

You might want to take a close look at just what a Gitmo prisoner receives in the way of food, clothing, free Qurans, medical care, etc.

You don't GAIN weight by being mal-nourished.

Reply to
witfal

Ha! That actually happened to me! Booked a "bridal suite" for a romantic getaway. Hotel said it had a jacuzzi. It did, but only big enough for one person. Got the $250 room for $105-ish, same price as all the other rooms. The idiot at the front desk said "Well, it's got a refrigerator, and two sinks in the bathroom." Yah OK. Luckily, the district manager saw my point.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

"Oops", said witfal. "I didn't mean to write that last line. I better go have more coffee."

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

By that criterion, all hotel rooms are suites....after all they all have bathrooms and closets. (oh, scratch that - this February I stayed in one with an armoire in the room instead of a closet.).

Reply to
mack

'Scuse me?

Reply to
witfal

Your erroneous malnourishment comment. I was going to run a sword through you, since you left yourself wide open, but I was busy.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Go ahead. I'm all ears.

Make sure you keep it in context to the Gitmo folks, since that what was being addressed.

Reply to
witfal

Weight gain doesn't necessarily mean great nourishment. Shall I post a picture of my neighbor, who was approached by a billboard company who wanted to rent her ass for advertising?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Well - so much for context. You called it, witfal.

Bill Putney

Context, remember? We were addressing the physical condition of the Gitmo prisoners, being fed a healthier diet than was available to them in the caves.

Your assertion is correct, however, when it comes to empty calories which does not apply in this case.

Reply to
witfal

Reply to
witfal

So? Their diet has nothing to do with their mental health. That may not seem important until you consider that various insurgents find mentally ill people to be useful as bomb carriers. Surely you remember that, Shirley. Eventually, we'll release these people.....

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Yet another subject. No changing!

Wow. Did I miss the thread morph somewhere?

Reply to
witfal

The original newspaper article was about mental health. **YOU** morphed it. Take another look at your first message in the thread. But, addressing your comment, weight gain is not a reliable indicator of health. Happiness, maybe, but not health.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

When I jumped in, the subject was the treatment of the prisoners. I didn't morph it, but merely commented on that treatment.

I didn't say it was. But you knew that.

Reply to
witfal

I'd suggest that you fire your lawyer and hire a new one. We're now adjourned for 23 minutes.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

One never fires a lawyer right after victory.

Face it, Joe. You lost...big time.

Reply to
witfal

Whatever you say, Scott.