{OT} political compass

Several years ago Philip introduced us to The Politcal Compass, an online test that gauges your political leanings.

I like to go back to it occassionally and see where I stand now. This time I took it and am embarrassed to say I am damn nearly right in the center of the spectrum. My score is:

Economic Left/Right: 0.12 Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 1.69

According to this test my views are in the mainstream and the most reasonable. This is rather disturbing because I have always been accused of people in this group of being a neo-con or some other radical thinking weirdo.

Let's see where you stand now and if we have common ground.

Reply to
badgolferman

Mine: Economic Left Right - 2.12 Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: - .82

Almost a bull's eye--similarly, some here call me a neo-con.

Reply to
sharx35

Interesting isn't it.

My numbers today.

Economic: 2.00 Social: 1.33

I took the test a few years ago after Philip suggested it, but I didn't save the results.

Reply to
dbu

Mine is:

Economic Left/Right: 0.00 Social Libertarian: -4.82

Where does the website say whether a person's views are reasonable or not?

According to the test, you're much more authoritarian than I am.

Reply to
larry moe 'n curly

Never mind all that.

Did you look at the iconochasms test?

is very revealing of politicians regarding what they say and whatthey do.

Reply to
badgolferman

You still haven't explained that.

Do you mean you want us to let you keep enslaving people?

I got 40 out of 49 right, usually by guessing and that the right answer was the person who seemed least likely to endorse authoritarianism. I knew the answer to the last question but didn't realize that GW Bush's grandfather, Prescott Bush, was among the people who plotted to overthrow the US government.

Reply to
larry moe 'n curly