{OT} respect

Seems like only a week ago, everybody was going to give the newly elected a chance to take office before whining, but it appears " people have begun to feel like a Christian scientist with appendicitis" (thanks to Tom Lehrer)

Well, whine on, the electorate has spoken and the effect this NG's OT posts have on the general population says the Democrats will survive or fail on their own merits. Nothing here seems likely to influence the real world of politics.

That said, The Prez is down to 31% as per MSNBC this A.M.

Reply to
tak

No whining I can't speak for anyone else. I'm watching to see how the democrats perform and how much blame they will put on Republicans for holding up their agenda. Perhaps the Republicans will threaten to filibuster and the Democrats will threaten the nuclear option.

Don't worry about Bush and his numbers. They really don't mean anything at this time. He's not running again and the poll numbers aren't going to cause him to leave office like Nixon. I'd be concentrating on who will be running for prez in 08. For me I don't see any Republicans out there that really stands out at least not yet. How about you? Either side?

Reply to
dbu'

You not whining? Check your posts, and your fellow RW Whiners. Y'all provide most of the mud winging around on the group. Poll Numbers are just a scorecard of the number of people thinking "You're doing a heck of a job, Bushie" NOT!

For 2008, take John McCain off my short list. Listened to him on meet the press Sunday. He seems to want to out Cheney, Cheney. The American Public, according to him, doesn't understand the war, and We need to "stay the course" and Supersize it. Much as we might like to turn Iraq into a parking lot, the generals correctly point out, it won't win.

And You? Who are you for or against at this point? (see if you can talk about candidates without name calling, eh)

Reply to
tak

Me mud slinging, look at yourself and your buddies. Everytime you post something it's a hateful comment against the president or someone in his administration. YOU are the mud slinger.

Reply to
dbu'

My goodness, a bit defensive, aren't we.

Reply to
tak

Not really, just replicating a response by you, thin skinned are you?

Reply to
dbu'

I see, running out of things to rant about? Here, let me help you out:

"Some of the very activists who helped propel the Democrats to a majority in the House and Senate last week are claiming credit for the victories and demanding what they consider their due: a set of ambitious - and politically provocative - actions on gun control, abortion, national security and other issues that party leaders fear could alienate moderate voters and leave Democrats vulnerable to GOP attacks as big spenders or soft on terrorism." Full article:

Knock yourself out running on about this or that

Reply to
tak

Just a smoke screen.

Reply to