OT small talk

It seems I can't go outside without someone making a comment on how I'm dressed. I'd go without a jacket altogether if it weren't for hiding my short sleeve shirt.

"Hey man", says one guy, "You ever look at a calendar?"

It takes a lot of will power to keep from saying, "Are those sneakers you wearin' or frostbite?"

Thank you and good day.

Reply to
mark digital©

Do you know if they are Liberal or Conservative? That way we could have a good discussion about it.

Reply to
badgolferman

I would guess they were liberals because they were worried about Mark's health.

annecoultersadamsapple

Small talk is right, but hey, I'll bite. ;-)

Well, depends on the weather. It's ~10ºF here today, with a nasty wind, & it's snowing - creating white-outs. Anyone not wearing a jacket would have to be nuts. Anyone without gloves would be nuts, too, IMO. (And a bunch of the kids in my room had no mittens or gloves w/them today, despite the wind chill being well below 0F this morning.)

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

I live 30 miles from Mark. It got up to a whopping 16 degrees here today... Even *I* don't go out without a jacket on days like this, and I'll wear nothing but a log-sleeve shirt as a jacket until December!

Not as bad as one guy I saw wearing shorts, a t-shirt and sandals today...Endless Summer?

Reply to
Hachiroku

It was 6 deg F out here in NJ today and my HS kid (a boy) finally put on a coat without me asking for the first time this winter. It was the single digits that did it. Tomes

Reply to
Tomes

Poor guy. Maybe his wife through him out of the house. Did it look like he had his wallet with him?

Reply to
mark digital©

Hachi, about your advice about "drive" the Prius... My fuel efficiency has dropped like a bathtub filled with water in a condemned building. I am not happy.

Reply to
mark digital©

The Commission on Global Warming canceled this weeks scheduled meetings at the UN, because of the sub Zero temperatures in New York city. LOL

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

They went to see Al Bore's movie, instead....

The theater was subject to 'human' warming....

Reply to
Scott in Florida

I hear that Al bore flys around in a private jet to promote his global warming flick burning fossll fuel in the process.

Reply to
dbu,.

Thanks for stepping on my toes. I burn kerosene too but it's much cleaner than #2 oil. And I use much less of the stuff compared to when I did burn #2. My system is vented but 98% of the heat normally lost is recaptured. A similar system using #2 is good too but it requires a lot more maintenance. Another similar system uses natural gas or propane, is the cleanest of the three, and I just might switch to it when the two heaters I have bite the dust. I don't see that happening anytime soon. I've had them for 15 years and the only part that needed to be replaced was a variable speed intake manifold blower. Bearings went bad.

Reply to
mark digital©

Quite alright,

Oh yes, I've got a kerosene heater in my shop. It's very clean burning. I have to be careful not to use anything other than clear kero otherwise I will need to replace wick often. I looked at the propane, but decided it would be more expensive.

Reply to
dbu,.

I use a comforter....

Bet my 'carbon' footprint is less than both of you guys....

Reply to
Scott in Florida

It helps to be in Florida, LOL.

Reply to
dbu,.

And the temp there today is...?

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

LOL...I do have an unfair advantage in the winter time...

Reply to
Scott in Florida

It is pretty chilly..... 59....

Reply to
Scott in Florida

Awww, poor man... :-P

At 59F you use a comforter?!? (That's summer blanket time!)

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

Well just a sheet at 59, but any lower....LOL

Reply to
Scott in Florida