OT Solar Accent type lights

I've been busy. I "planted" 16 triple tier solar recharging lights. So far so good. One odd ball out of the lot actually has a time delay and I thought something was wrong with it when I tested it by covering the light sensitive cell. Later on at night all 16 were lit. What a relief! I sparked my lighter above it and the light went out; came back on about a minute later. My question concerns the AA batteries. The lights come with NiCad and the instructions say to use only NiCad. What could happen if I tried using NiMH batteries?

Mark_

Reply to
mark digital©

The neighborhood would blow up and some liberal would blame Geroge W. Bush ;-)

Reply to
Scott in Florida

If you're charging from solar cells, probably would work. For a while.

NiMH batteries probably will not live as long in the application, because the charging voltage and the low-battery cutoff voltage shutdown each night would be a bit off.

If it was designed for NiCd, use NiCd.

-->--

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman

The oddball light was turning on later and later until it reached a point of not turning on until around 4 am! I exchanged it yesterday for a proper functioning one.

Reply to
mark digital©