OT - Some school officials...

...should just be killed.

witfal

Or this, at the very least:

JoeSpareBedroom

Not to hijack, but the same idiocy is displayed here:

"...This morning we have an interesting story about a six-year-old boy whose permanent public school record says he committed "Sexual Touching Against Student, Offensive," when he smacked the bottom of a first-grade female classmate during recess. The whacker was taken to the principal's office and reprimanded. An incident report was written. The Prince William County (Va.) police were called..."

Bill Putney

Remember the grade-schooler who was suspended for pointing a chicken wing at a classmate and yelling, "Bang!' ?

Reply to
witfal

What's the full story here?

We don't know. The issue has been resolved, and we won't hear the details. If the child thought he had permission to answer the call, and did so, he should certainly be given a break and appropriate procedures be put in place for this type of call in the future.

However, suggesting that anyone should just be killed is stupid, particularly when you don't know what the true story is as well as the other factors that went into the resolution of the case.

In fact, if anyone should be blamed, it should be the President and his administration's failure to prepare for the aftermath of the war in Iraq.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

You're hopeless. If you can't put yourself in the shoes of this young boy, you're pathetic.

Reply to
witfal

What a stupid comment. Perhaps you missed "If the child thought he had permission to answer the call, and did so, he should certainly be given a break and appropriate procedures be put in place for this type of call in the future."

That is putting myself in the child's shoes.

What I am not willing to do is come to any conclusions because I don't have all the facts at hand, like whether or not the father made appropriate arrangements with the school, whether or not the kid was taking other calls in school, and why the school took the action it did.

If I were the teacher, as soon as I learned that he was on the phone with his father, I would have let him go. I would have tried to intervene to make sure that he could get calls from his father at school, and work on appropriate procedures for this kid and other kids so that the phone calls don't disturb class and that the students don't take advantage of the privilege of getting calls in school.

The only disagreements we seem to have are:

1) Whether or not we should jump to conclusions based on incomplete facts;

2) Whether or not someone should be killed for trying to run a school the way he or she feels is most appropriate to educate students.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

Irrelevant. Under not circumstances WHATSOEVER should this child have been reprimanded for receiving a phone call from his father serving his country.

Talk about stupid....inclusively.

With qualification. Sorry.

As if "killed" were a serious comment. Do try.

Reply to
witfal

"...This morning we have an interesting story about a six-year-old boy whose permanent public school record says he committed "Sexual Touching Against Student, Offensive," when he smacked the bottom of a first-grade female classmate during recess. The whacker was taken to the principal's office and reprimanded. An incident report was written. The Prince William County (Va.) police were called..."

Bill Putney

Being a male is being outlawed in this country. Vote for Hillary and it'll accelerate..

Reply to
Charles Pisano