OT: Top General warns against cut and running

HA, you think that dims will want to listen to any general if it goes against their agenda? Hell no they wouldn't. All advice is acceptable so long as it fits their agenda.

Reply to
Reasoned Insanity

You must be talking about dim George W Bush. That fits him to a T.

Reply to
Here in Ohio

Gee, now why does this remind me of a certain someone & his administration?

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

You type that with a straight face?? lol

Reply to
Truckdude

What the general is saying is that an orderly withdrawal is in order. But, you prefer to hear "cut & run" because it only involves two words and an abbreviation.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

As many here already know, I'm not at all a fan of Bush and his administration. For some reason though, it seems that the liberals here like to imply such when I post anything negative about their ever faithful fellow demoncraps. What I find really ironic about this is that many times they continue to be unable to defend the original accusation against them. I think that they call that guilt displacement in sociology.Cute, but rather childish.

Reply to
Reasoned Insanity

Weak americans taking shots at a President of the other party while at war.

Reply to
Roadrunner NG

Thank you.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Let's consider a hypothetical situation: You (and I mean specifically YOU) decide that the president is 100% wrong about the war he started. Do you believe that you should not throw stones at him because we are at war?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Wow....Joe and I are in complete agreement. What a historical moment.

Reply to
Reasoned Insanity

In other words, you think the very rights this country is based on should be suspended during a war.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Presidents don't get to start wars. The Iraq war was a result of an act of Congress. Do a search of the Congressional Record fro the facts, WBMA.

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

If that's the case, you and others can stop saying that criticizing Bush during a war will demoralize the troops. It won't. If a soldier is so easily demoralized, it's because he wasn't cut out to be a warrior. Some people aren't. He should be proud to know that free speech is still allowed in the country he's supposedly defending.

But, it's NOT the case. Bush took ownership of the war before it even began. Bush rattled the saber for months before the war. He was the one shooting his mouth off about it. He was the fool who pulled that mission accomplished stunt on the aircraft carrier. The buck stops with him. He's the boss. Congress is also to blame, but they did what was politically expedient because they're a bunch of sheep.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

You forgot to say in my opinion. You are entitled to that, no mater how convoluted your reasoning may be. LOL

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Try to keep up with your own logic, Mikey.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Whoa! Where did you get that from? I was just agreeing that it is ok to be critical of the presidents (as well as congress) in times of war. I said nothing of RIGHTS being suspended.

Reply to
Reasoned Insanity

what general said "orderly withdrawal"?

Reply to
dbu'

Beats me. I guess I antidemisinterpretulated something.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Congress trusted the President, and the President had a duty to tell the truth, but he let them and us down.

Reply to
Johnny Hageyama