OT - Update on Bent Pushrod

UPDATE on 67 Ford 390 Bent Pushrod Issue: Recall this was a fresh 390 with a big cam and stock heads with one or more bent pushrods and at least one trashed lifter.

The machinist tore it down yesterday. He told me another lifter was so badly beat up that it had a big hole in the bottom. I'd post a photo if this were a binary group. Anyhow, he also told me that all but two of the cam lobes are wiped. I'm starting to think the cam and cam card may have been a mismatch. I ended up pulling the new motor and putting my 352 back in. It's running great, btw! More to follow for you tech guys. jor

Reply to
jor

What the (heck) is a 'cam card'?

If it tore up a new cam that fast, there has to be something very wrong someplace. Did they try selling you a roller-lifter grind cam with regular lifters? Or vice-versa? Wrong ratio rocker arms?

Was this a new cam, or a weld-up and regrind - which could have been screwed up either in the welding or grinding phases.

-->--

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman