(OT:) We can't drill in the Gulf, let's let the Nigerians

It's cheaper... no tax to pump it through nigeria...

Reply to
Don't Taze Me, Bro!

.....which should point Hach right back to my comment about agreements made on golf courses.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Let me guess, you don't have a computer, either.

It's fairly easy to find. Go have a look.

Reply to
Hachiroku

You invented a fairy tale based on what you heard from a TV pundit.

You hate it when I ask the question "Who told you to say that?". But this thread is a perfect example of how foolish it is to repeat what you've been told without having complete information to defend what you say.

You are embarrassed, and you should be.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

HAHAHAHAHA! Why am I embarrassed? I did some research and found there are PLENTY of people other than us drilling in the Gulf.

And I also remember from my daus of reading the WSJ every day the bullshit the Democrats put in place to stop US companies from drilling in the Gulf.

There are some, but they were Gradfathered in and can't plant any new rigs.

But if you keep thinking you know more than me, go right ahead. I don't mind.

Please don't respond unless you want to discuss what's going on in the Gulf. As usual, since you know nothing about the topic, but chose to respond anyway, you go after me and my sources instead of finding some of you own, and get totally off-topic.

Use Google. It really works.

Reply to
Hachiroku

Without the names and/or numbers of the laws, everything you have said, and everything you plan on saying next is vapor. Useless. A vain attempt to cover your ass.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

As usual, you have nothing to add. You don't even bother to try to prove what I'm saying is wrong. Bye.

Reply to
Hachiroku

You're right. I have nothing to say about this because I don't have the information needed to comment in detail.

But neither do you. And I never would've made such a comment without first looking up the legislation I was referring to so other people could see it.

Remember that next time you wake up in the morning and think "It's a great day to say something stupid."

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Apparently you do that every day LOL

Reply to
Mike hunt

JoeSpareBedroom

Then I'll post something you would.

Reply to
hachiroku

Yeah, but by whom?

Reply to
hachiroku

As of this moment, that's an unimportant detail.

What's important is that your fairy tale from your original post has been blown to pieces. The legislation you described does NOT make it harder for American companies to drill in the Gulf - it makes it easier. The bill passed, and most Democrats voted ***FOR*** the bill.

You need to check what you hear from idiots like Beck, lest you also appear to be an idiot.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Joe, you don't exactly help your cause when you write things like that.

Reply to
manny

Haven't you seen Hunt's video?

JoeSpareBedroom

At least someone understands the point of the original post without 100 replies of explanation!! Yee Haaa!

Of course, you're not a Liberal. Some of them need extra help...

Reply to
Hachiroku

Of course, China paid money in return for the privilege of drilling there. Hach makes it sound like they just came along and dropped equipment into the water. That's what Hush Bimbo the radio slob told Hach to believe.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Check on these:

  1. Cheney admitted he was wrong about the Chinese drilling off the coast of Florida.
  2. Exxon has had tens of thousands of acres of land in lease for decades in Alaska but has never drilled on it. Alaska tried to give the lease to others who would drill, but was sued by Exxon.
  3. Shell has purchased refineries and subsequently tried to close them down as "Too costly to upgrade." One was the Tosco Oil refinery in Bakersfield, CA. After some governmental intervention, it remains open to the dismay of Shell.
  4. Shell also has the most expensive gasoline sold around the world.
  5. EPA states in 15 years, only one permit was filed to build a refinery in the U.S. Not one other has been submitted.

Dunno, but it sure seems like oil companies are trying their hardest to restrict supply.

Problem with reduced consumption is the barrel of oil is also used for items such as plastics. Also won't be easy to reduce if the car companies still want to produce mega-guzzlers including countries such as Germany, England, and Italy who make some of the highest fuel consumption vehicles in the world - and still do!

B~

Reply to
B. Peg

Reply to