OT - Why we should roll back tax cuts for the rich

Instead of investing their tax cuts they are having a grand time overseas:

Art

The other end of this spectrum is Marxism ("from each according to his ability, to each according to his need"), which is much worse.

If individual effort is not rewarded, then there is no incentive to perform. Would you work two jobs if you were not paid for the second one and your pay from the first one was cut?

Reply to
larwe

Oh we forgot you were a poor dim Dim.....

Class envy....

I took delivery of a new BMW in Europe. You should try it, Art....instead of envying those of us fortunate enough to be able to do it...

Reply to
Scott in Florida

I know it was subtle, and intended for a smarter audience, but I think Art's point was that the money is not going where President Air Head thought it would go. Ask your soap dish to explain this to you, Scottie boy.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

When you include social security withholding, the marginal tax rate of the rich is lower than the middle class. Also since when is working less important than investing. Why should tax rates on dividends and capital gains be half what what the middle class pay for taxes on the work income. WHere is the incentive to work if you are paying higher tax rate than investors????

Reply to
Art

I believe Scott still drives an 88 Corolla. And the only part of Europe he's seen was a Epcot.

Reply to
Art

And why should this not be so? Exactly how many retired strangers, convicted criminals, useless bureaucrats and illegal immigrants should every working American aspire to support?

I repeat: if individual effort is not rewarded, it dies out. If you invent a new kind of mousetrap and everyone buys your design, you'd expect to become rich, no?

It's simply a different function.

Capital gains should be untaxed, in my view. But that's a separate story. You need to define what you mean by middle class, also - and it's not a salary figure, it's a salary-vs-local-cost-of-living index.

The difference is very simple: When you work, you are guaranteed income. When someone invests, it is a speculation with only a /possibility/ of income. There is risk. Tax "breaks" on investment are designed to encourage people to risk their money in new ventures. These ventures create employment. The taxes withheld from these employees more than pay for the "breaks" given to the investors.

Would you accept a tax "break" if you were told that every week there would be a 40% chance you'd get a paycheck, a 30% chance you'd get no paycheck, and a 30% chance you'd have to pay your employer to keep the business running until next week?

Think about it.

Reply to
larwe

I probably make more money than you, but money never makes a person better than anyone else.

And why would anyone want a car with the silly iDrive control system when Lexus is available without that nonsense?

Reply to
rantonrave

So people will invest.

That creates jobs.

Pretty simple, really.

Art...go to the corner and put the dunce hat on!

Reply to
Scott in Florida

You would be wrong....

I drive a '92 Corolla Wagon.

I lived in Europe for two years.

Get your facts straight...

Reply to
Scott in Florida

Different strokes.....

Reply to
Scott in Florida

Maybe Scott loves his mechanic too much.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Invest where? Another country? Your automobile purchase created no jobs here.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

LOL....yup.

The ALL do it.

Some take longer than others....but they all revert to it...

Reply to
Scott in Florida

Dumbshit. What do you think the "Class envy" comment was? Sort of like "name calling because they can't think of anything better to say", huh?

Reply to
dizzy