OT your tax returns

I remember Bush saying that Iraqi oil would fund the war.

Still waiting....

Reply to
witfal

Yeah, and Rumsfeld. If my email & cell phone aren't being monitored by now, this ought to do it:

Give me 5 minutes in a locked room with any of these scumbags. Their bodyguards can search me for weapons first. I'll pay for the band-aids.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Amateur. My list has more than two names. To be fair, most are Dems.

Number one? Ted Kennedy.

Reply to
witfal

Oh please....the guy's a cow. He probably can't reach his left shoulder with right arm. Pick someone else. How about Michael Moore?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Er...not exactly any more fit, Joe.

Reply to
witfal

Very true.

Too bad we can't use hindsight to enable our going back five decades and recoup the TEN trillion dollars spent on entitlement programs.

Imagine the bank balance using only simple passbook interest.

Reply to
witfal

The difference being that we have something to SHOW for the latter, despite your spelling.

Your interpretation means less than squat.

Unemployment isn't at taxpayer expense. Do try to keep up. Social security is only getting back a portion TO YOU of what YOU paid. Not someone else. Medicare and Medicaid are classic examples of inefficient dollar input to output ratios.

Thanks for the proof.

Not a single one. Bad ASSumption.

Not home schooled. They all went to public primary and high school. We don't take public transportation. And all you've done is provide examples of things that are NOT entitlement spending.

Nope. But your post proves that YOU are.

Reply to
witfal

Wrong again. I'm referring to continued, unbridled, unregulated spending on the lazy. Not the incompetent. Not the infirm. Not the mentally ill. Just those who WON'T work because they know their likely paycheck won't be much more than welfare and housing subsidies.

I'll snip the rest, because you're still full of bovine exrement.

Reply to
witfal

Where DO you pull this stuff from? Never mind. I can guess.

I never even hinted at anything you just posted.

Reply to
witfal

Retirees, as was inferred by the SS post, are obviously not leeches.

Reply to
witfal

Not at all. Nowhere did I hint that retirees are undeserving of what they paid into the system. In fact, I even classified SS as getting back some of what you paid into the system.

Hardly backpeddling.

Reply to
witfal

This is a second reply. For some reason, the server burped so excuse the duplication if it shows up.

No backpeddling. I even qualified in a previous post that SS is your getting back some of what YOU paid into the system. That includes retirees.

So sorry.

Reply to
witfal

Unemployment insurance isn't, usually, but every 1% point increase in the adult unemployment rate causes federal revenue to drop something like > $100 billion.

It depends on the recipient's income, but a significant amount of the SS retirement benefits are funded by current workers, not just the retirees' contributions.

How inefficient, compared to the private sector, for the same level of coverage?

Reply to
larry moe 'n curly

If true, we know who's responsible for that. Don't we?

Cite

You can answer that yourself.

I'm sure the GAO can give you the overhead figure.

Reply to
witfal

The lefty kooks like to try to blame the President for the SPM problem. The truth rest with the DIMS! Do a search of "Red Lining" and you will discover who passed the banking laws that allowed lending institutions to lend up to 110% of the value of a property to help the "disadvantaged" get into their own home

Well, with over a trillion dollars, and counting,borrowed for Dubya's folly somebody's taxes are going up. Correction, everyobe's taxes will be going up, in addition to spending on necessities, like food, cloths, gasoline, heating and electricity.

If we spend the money here fixing roads, bridges, schools, etc, the money would be spread over the entire economy in the entire U.S., not just a few contractors.

I prefer to shrink the number of government contractors suckling on our tax dollars, not work for them.

In case you missed it, looks like the Carlyle Group may be going belly up because of the sub-prime mortgage scandal. Let's hope Dubya and the repugnicants don't try to bail them out. It is daddy's company.

Reply to
Mike hunt

I wonder if the lefty kooks that like to point to the cost of our war with the radial Islamic terrorist ever took the time to calculate the cost of NOT fighting the radical Islamic terrorist?

When they talk about heading into a recession, they want us to forget what happen to the economy after 9/11. If we do not win the war with the radical Islamic terrorist we will not have ANY of the benefits we now have in the county ;)

Reply to
Mike hunt

For the millionth time, you've never seen anyone here argue that we shouldn't fight terrorism. What you have seen is people insisting that we should've done it in the correct country.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Ya right LOL

Reply to
Mike hunt

Tell your wife your diaper needs changing again.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

What makes you think others have the some problems as you? LOL

Reply to
Mike hunt