{OY:} Plume...when you got it, you got it...

And when you don't you should probably just STFU. I am talking, of course about her testimony to Congress which I saw included the question, "Are you a Democrat or a Republican?", to which she replied, with the biggest SEG I have ever seen in my LIFE, "I'm a Democrat."

Perhaps it's a GOOD thing you're out. We need people with the ability to think on their feet in dangerous situations, not blurt out how they really feel.

Correct answer? "I don't see what bearing this has on my testimony." or, "That's my business and doesn't need to be discussed here."

Even answering "I'm a Democrat" without the SEG would have been MUCH better.

Reply to
Hachiroku

Better - the line that William Casey used on reporters every now and then, when he was DCI: "That information is supplied strictly on a need to know basis". So frustrating, so final, made reporters want to throw down with the guy. :-)

Or: "That's an interesting question. Why are you asking it?" If the other person provides a reason: "That's not a good enough reason. What other questions do you have?"

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

So she was outed as a DemonRat. She wasn't outed as a covert agent. The media is looking to pull another Nixon and get W impeached, but there's nothing to impeach him on. That's probably why they hate him so much. Unlike Nixon, who had enough sins to hang him on, and Clinton, who had a lot more sins, but was a lot more acceptable to 'the right (or shouild I say left) people'.

Charles of Schaumburg

Reply to
n5hsr

If the Congressman wants to ask you a question and you've got nothing to hide, you answer it. Or they'll just ask you again and you'll have to invoke the Fifth. If she's registered as a Democrat somewhere, it's more or less a matter of public record.

I'm also surprised that you've spent enough time with Valerie Plame to be able to interpret all of her facial expressions.

Now, I wouldn't be surprised at an SEG and I'd certainly understand why. Someone up in the White House outed her. Her covert career is over - and it's possible that people she contacted overseas will be interrogated and, possibly, suffer reprisals. This is either a mistake or a grave injustice.

Now, for political advantage, the Republican controlled Congress was not at all interested in this. However, the Democrats, having won the election, are free to look into it. I wouldn't be surprised if she was thinking "FINALLY, the winds have shifted and we'll get justice."

Reply to
dh

Then that would have been the thing to do.

I started my career wanting to be a psychologist, and then a lawyer. No rocket science involved here. Her smile said it all.

If we were in a courtroom, and I were her lawyer, I would have slapped her so hard she wouldn't be able to smile for at least a week. Total loss of credibility.

From what I saw, this is probably a good thing.

Reply to
Hachiroku

These would have been excellent answers. And certainly would have provided more credibility than the answer (and the smirk) she provided.

Reply to
Hachiroku

IOW you think that it's better for the US to be in the dark about WMDs around the world, including in Iran, and you find it acceptable to shutdown of Brewster-Jennings and put its foreign contacts at risk for death. Because that's what happened when Karl Rove and Dick Cheney outed Valerie Plame.

Reply to
larry moe 'n curly

If she wasn't outed as a covert agent, why did the CIA initiate a criminal investigation when her identity was made public?

Reply to
larry moe 'n curly

Because someone didn't bother to read the law. It was a 'witch hunt' of the type you Loonies on the Left have made popular since you got away with it in

1974.

Charles of Schaumburg.

Reply to
n5hsr

Justice for what? The federal prosecutor investigating her so called "outing" concluded there was no outing and no laws were broken. She was not a covert employee of the CIA, and nobody was charged, period. The real "crime" at the time was the "information" provided by her husband was in the end discredited as bogus, and we hear noting in the press about that fact.

They want to send Libby to jail because he could not remember specific dates but Clinton 'forgot' all the specific dates he had a BJ on the job and he was not sent to jail. HE went on TV as swore to the world he did not have sex with "that woman," apparently he 'forgot' her name and even that he got the BJs ;)

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Which discredited information are you referring to?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

PS. You ought to call yourself Joe Besser.

Charles of Schaumburg

Reply to
n5hsr

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Jeeeezus!, Hachi! The woman can't smile when she tells people she's a Democrat? I smile each time I tell someone that, as opposed to the way I'd react if I had to tell someone I was a Republican, dragging one foot in the dust and looking as if someone had just run over my dog. She's proud to be a Democrat, and if you can't stand the fact that the tables have finally turned on the reichwingnuts, I'd advise you to get over it. If you're proud to be a Republican at this point in history, then you never watch anything but Faux Noise and don't realize that your president has presided over the worst fiasco for the American nation in a century, and that he is indeed the worst excuse for a president in our history. Go back to sleep if you can't see the disaster this man and his administration has been and continues to be.

Reply to
mack

Nothing? Try "being a war criminal" for starters. It's a shame that incompetence in office is not an impeachable offense, it seems.

Reply to
mack

Hmmmm...I guess I should have said, "Smirk". I didn't like her smugness, and considering her, well, former position, she would have been served better by not answering. Like I said, if I had been her lawyer I would have slapped her into next month. There's a time for smugness and a time you should just hold your tongue.

I don't watch Fox News, and I have never tried to hide my dislike for this President.

Reply to
Hachiroku

Huh? She was already off that detail and had a desk job in the US by the time she was 'outed'. And her husband had as much to do with it as anybody, but nobody seems to remember that.

And if she is as dumb as she portended to be at the hearings, then it's probably a good thing she's not employed by the CIA anymore...

Reply to
Hachiroku

Um, tell me, how is he a 'War Criminal', exactly?

Sorry to sound like a Smart Ass, but this will be good...

Reply to
Hachiroku

Okay, how's this for instance?

Our fearless leader was responsible for plunging the US into an aggressive war against a sovereign nation (which, I might add, had not made aggressive bellicose actions toward the USA.) This is what convicted the Nazi survivors of WWII at Nuremberg. They called it a war crime then, and unless the definition has changed in 60 years, that's what it still is. No amount of hype or puffery,"Operation Iraqi Freedom", or other such nonsense can wipe away the taint that our aggressive invasion of Iraq caused. Welcome to the opening of year #5 of this disaster. (Oh, by the way, today on CNN they announced without the horror it might have induced, that the war cost the lives of 34,000 Iraqi civilians last year alone. There's only one way of stopping the carnage, which is to put the country in the hands of a strong authoritarian leader, but sadly, we allowed the Iraqis to hang him last year.)

Reply to
mack

She was asked a civil question and it was her prerogative to either answer or not answer. But apparently she's proud to be a Democrat. as am I.

Like I said, if I had been her lawyer I would

Your service as her lawyer would have ceased then and there....clients don't usually like their counselors to slap them around.

There's a time for smugness and a time

WHY? She Likes Being A Democrat!!!!!

Well, at least you're on the first rung of the ladder, not walking under it like dbu and Scott......

Reply to
mack

This kook must believe what he posted. The more the kooks post the kookier they get. How can anybody be that stupid to believe what he posted, when the facts disproving everything he said are available, in the Congressional Record for anybody to read, if they will just do a search.

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter