P0300 Code on my 2001 Corolla

Hi,

I checked to see whether there is any code stored before I send my car for PA state inspection. To my surprise, I got P0300, but check engine light is not on yet. What should I do? replace plugs? My car has 91K on it. Thx.

Reply to
wenmang

See

When was the last time you had the plugs replaced? How about the plug wires? If it was my car and the plugs have not been changed recently, I'd replace the plugs and plug wires and add a can of Chevron Techron CleanUp to the fuel tank and drive the car for a week or so and recehck the codes.

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White

If the spark plugs are original, then I recommend changing them with OEM plugs. After you clear the trouble codes, you will have to go through at least 2 complete drive cycles to clear the pending status.

Reply to
Ray O