P0441

1999 Camry 6 cyl. 94,400 km

Engine check light came on. Scanner id'ed code P0441. My mechanic cleared code. It hasn't come back on yet. Could this code have been caused by filling the gas tank too full, on several occasions, over the years? Any TSB's on this? My mechanic said that it is *possible* that the charcoal canister is cracked, hoses from fuel tank to cannister to various control valves *might* be defective. etc etc He indicated that it isn't worth spending bucks on until repetition and then, living in a province with no environmental inspections, the costs of tracing and repairing the problem have to be considered.

Any history of problems with the ECM in this model?

Reply to
Sharx35

Check with your local Toyota dealer. I believe that there is a service bulletin on this condition. I do not think it is related to overfilling the fuel opr leaving the gas cap loose or off.

Reply to
Ray O

Someone wrote a post about court-ordered exteneded warranty on the Toyota evap system. Don't know if this is applicable to your model and year.

Toyota had some defective canisters and they blow carbon that plug up the purge valve near the air filter housing and check valves.

You can try cleaning the purge valve by carefully prying open the metal tabs holding the ports onto the solenoids. Clean it up and lube it. Don't crack the plastic. See if this helps.

Before you do anyth> 1999 Camry 6 cyl. 94,400 km

Reply to
johngdole

There was a TSB issued in '02 for the 98-99 camry & solara related to P0441 it is EG013-02 MIL ON P0440, P0441 & P0446. Under certain driving conditions, some 1998 - 1999 model year Camry and Solara vehicles may exhibit a M.I.L. "ON" with DTCs P0440, P0441 and P0446 stored due to an inoperative Vapor Pressure Sensor 3 way Vacuum Switching Valve (VSV). An improved Vapor Pressure Sensor VSV has been developed to correct this condition.

Reply to
Glenn Arsenault

Thanks for the info!

Reply to