Ping Hachiroku -- Supra update

I did some tuning on my "Viper Killer" and decided to take out on the dragstrip. I did a run of 11.2-sec 1/4 mile run at 139 mph. That's with the car being severely traction limited until 3rd gear. They immediately expulsed me for not having the required safety equipment. I don't believe a roll cage (including some other safety equipment) is practical on a street-legal car, road-going car. Oh well.

Reply to
Viperkiller

I can't remember...which year/model do you have? For some reason, '94 seems to stick in my head.

Those are really good numbers. What kind of tuning? 139 MPH is certainly nothing to sneeze at!

And, talking about saftey equipment, I had a friend that used to run at our local dragway. All he needed was a helmet and a working seat belt.

His ride? A 1981 Nissan

Pickup...

Reply to
Hachiroku

Funny! Obviously his pickup doesn't have a low enough ET to require further safety equipment. They told me that I needed a rollcage, fire extinguisher, and other things that I don't consider practical.

You're right about the 94. I actually have 2 MKIV Supras...a heavily modified 94 and a slightly modified 97. I was referring to the 94. I always had traction problems so I was tuning it to put the power down better. I limited the boost at low rpm and from shifts between 1st to

2nd and from 2nd to 3rd. The terminal speed of 139 mph is great but I still wanted a better ET without having to go wider tires than 275mm and not have drag slicks or race-compound tires.

If you don't remember, the car has twin HKS turbos, my own intake design, HKS exhaust, HKS boost controller set at 22 psi, etc, etc. There are no more dynoes around my town. But the last time there was, the car pulled 660hp at the wheel. It's also about 250 lbs lighter than stock.

Reply to
Viperkiller

OH BOY!!!

Get a Canadian Speedo and make a 6:1 reduction gear and you'll have a nice

240MHP speedo. Then you can honestly tell us how fast you've had the car on the highway (that is, MY speedo only goes to 240KPH...)
Reply to
Hachiroku

h-h-h-h-how f-f-f-f-fast?!?!?!

Reply to
Hachiroku

Interesting option with the Speedo. I tried to find the top speed got to 175mph indicated. It had plenty more to go but traffic, line of sight, and tire durabilty concerns stopped me. I have Michelin Pilot PS2's but you never know. It's not like the freeways have runoff light on race tracks. A neighbor suggested to for me to take it to Daytona Speedway to try it out. The lack of runoff on that track concerns me. I'd hate to destroy my pet project in one mistake or equipment failure. Do you think Porsche or Audi will let me borrow their test tracks?

Reply to
Viperkiller

LOL!!!

Reply to