Ping Jeff S DTC P0411

Checked the factory repair manual for a 97 Avalon, DTC P0411 is not listed.

"secondary air injection system" implies something with the exhaust so I'd look for a valve that is hanging up or a leaking tube.

Good luck!

Reply to
Ray O

Thanks Ray.

My kid's friend drives an Audi A4 (that she has totally trashed out, it's a shame that she'd treat her car so badly but that's another rant ...).

I was thinking the Secondary Injection System was something akin to the Pulse Air System on my old Jeep, where they pump fresh air into the exhaust stream to give any unburned fuel something to work with when it gets to the CAT. Combustion requires air, fuel, and ignition, I assume the exhaust stream provides the fuel, the CAT provides the heat, and the secondary air injectors provide the air. This is just an educated guess, feel free to straighten me out.

Reply to
J Strickland

Like I mentioned before, the 97 Avalon doesn't use a secondary air injection system so the factory repair manual doesn't list the trouble code, possible causes, or things to check.

No combustion actually occurs in the catylitic converter. A catalyst is something that can make something else change without itself getting affected or used up in the process. Heat is a by-product, which is why the cat gets so hot.

I have no experience with a secondary air injection system so I don't really know what its purpose is. If it is introducing air into the exhaust stream I'm guessing its function i ssimilar to an EGR valve's.

Reply to
Ray O