Please advice: Planning to buy Camry tomorrow.

Guys,

After doing a lot of research with tons of dealers and websites (including carsdirect.com), I got a Hayward, Sanfrancisco dealer to quote me $17,000 for Camry LE with side air bags. I am hoping that it's a good deal. I've been warned that those Autonation dealers are all fraud and they really get their money back thru financing. I've heard that they sometimes even fix damaged cars and sell them as new. Is that really true? How can I tell if they fixed the odometer and cheated on me?

I was thinking of signing up for financing and paying all the money off right away. Will I be charged any penalty for paying the loan off too early? Also, I hear that these scamsters make you sign the contract and then add up bogus fees such as ad fees, doc. fees, junk add-on costs. What should I tell the dealer to knock off those bogus fees?

If any of you experienced people have some suggestions, please share with me and help me from getting ripped off :( 17k for a new Camry LE '05 with side airbags seems too good to be true.

Thank you so much. Shanker

Reply to
shanx