PLEASE HELP!!!! 91 4runner problem

when i drive it i have to hold the gas pedal all the way down and it takes a while to get up to speed especially on the high way then sometimes when i let off a little bit the rpms drop and so does the speed...also sometimes the rps will go all the way up to 5 till it kicks in to the next gear...the car did sit for 2 yrs before i bought it and the toyota mechanic said it may need to be driven for a while but i have been for 2 months or so...

Reply to
91HoRunner

Now is the tranny giving you trouble? Does it sputter when you put your foot down? Bad gas (you've filled it up, right?) But my guess, as a quick fix, is the Fuel Filter.

Reply to
Hachiroku

I recommend that you have a competent technician go with you on a road test to determine the problem. Possible causes are a restriction in the exhaust, vacuum leak, contaminated MAF sensor, bad spark plugs, bad high tension wires, bad spark advance, clogged fuel filter, and bad gas.

Reply to
Ray O