Pontiac unveils new Vibe

Automotive News November 6, 2007 - 3:59 pm ET

DETROIT - General Motors today unveiled its all-new 2009 Pontiac Vibe during an event in downtown Detroit. The vehicle will arrive in dealer showrooms in early 2008.

In a press release, Pontiac officials touted the vehicles versatility.

"With the 2009 Vibe, we knew we wanted to take everything we liked about the original and push it to the next level - more power, more style, more versatility," Craig Bierley, Pontiac marketing director, said in a statement.

"It has the interior room and cargo capability expected of a larger SUV, but with the precise handling characteristics you would expect from any Pontiac."

LOL - Sounds like a good ad for the new Matrix :) Do you think anyone buying a Vibe doesn't know it is really a Toyota with an ugly grille?

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White

I have a 2005 Vibe. I know that I have a Toyota, but I have the good looking grill.

Reply to
John Karpich

I'm with you. Tastest differ and nothing wrong with that but I do find the Vibe is more attractive.

Reply to
dh

Is the new Vibe also a new Matrix? Why does Toyota allow their cars to be rebadged under a GM name anyway? Is that how they get GM's transmission from them?

Reply to
badgolferman