Poor service from dealership

My daughters Yaris was serviced at Western Toyota, Cameron Toll, Edinburgh. After the service she noticed that the body work was scratched and reported it there and then. This morning she went out and found that a tyre was flat and had a screw embedded in it. OK that could have happened anywhere, but when she went to change the tyre (got her boyfriend to do this), she found that the toolkit was missing from the car. She borrowed my toolkit, and when she went tom take off the tyre, found that the wheel nuts were only hand tight. This was a full service that wascarried out at the dealership at a cost £250, as the car was released from the garage, damaged, toolkit missing and left in an unsafe condition, I would like to write to Toyota and report this matter and send a copy to the dealership. Can anyone advise where I should write to.

TIA

Reply to
BIGEYE

If you go to

you should be able to find some addresses and tele numbers. In addition, in the US, we have Better Business Bureaus, which maintain info about poor service from different companies. Perhaps, you have something similar in the UK. In addition, I would speak to the persons (in person) both in charge of the shop (shop foreman) and the dealership manager.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

Do what Jeff said. And, in the future, always try and turn a brand name into a web address. If you're old enough to have a child, you should be old enough to figure this out.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

"JoeSpareBedroom" ...

Was that really necessary?

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

Absolutely.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Thanks for the amusing replies, I was looking for a UK address where I could send a complaints letter directly to the appropriate people, as I'm sure Toyota will receive a lot of mail all of which will be screened. Alas, no address to send complaints directly, so it will just have to be their main office. I had checked their website before posting. Oh - Scott in Florida, I will be another 'Scot in Florida' later this year, coming over for a holiday.

Reply to
BIGEYE

go here:

and click on "contact us" at the bottom. That has Toyota's UK HQ address.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

Sounds more like a case of a bad worker than a bad dealership...

as for the scratches on the body work... that's really a "he said, she said..." and they do have to be careful with those kind of claims... Unless you had undeniable proof that there were no scratches on the car before hand, then you just have to deal with those...

Reply to
Don't Taze Me, Bro!

I want to say "that's just joe," but you cannot say "that's just how a seriel killer acts," and blow it off.

Reply to
Don't Taze Me, Bro!

Hold very still for a few seconds....

Bwahahahaha!!!!!!!! :-)

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Junior joe, LOL

Reply to
dbu

The onus is on the dealer to produce a pre-work body check report, and the dealer has offered to repair the scratches FOC before the other problems were discovered. The work was probably carried out by an apprentice, according to my son (a motor mechanic for renault).

Reply to
BIGEYE

I don't know the law in England, but in the US, it is very hard to prove that a shop put the scratches in. What you're suggesting is that each time a shop gets a car, someone goes with the costumer and verifies that there are no scratches and have the shop representative sign off. I really doubt that is the law. You're also going to have to have the shop person go around with a digital camera, take pictures of the empty space where the tyre change tools are, the loose lugnuts and every conceivable problem that could arise. This would prevent the shop from doing anything dishonest. And it would only add about 100 pounds to the cost of the job.

If the dealer asked to repair the scratches on my car, I would think that the dealer is trying rip me off. Not all dealers in the US have body shops.

Jeff

PS, look up top posting on google. You need to learn to do inline posting. Top posting makes it hard to follow the thread.

Reply to
Jeff

Scott knows, it doesn't pay.

Reply to
Roadrunner NG

"JoeSpareBedroom" ...

Well, I disagree. This person wasn't trolling, so attacking him/her was uncalled for.

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

"Jeff Strickland"

I only spoke up because that's the sort of thing that scares people away from asking questions. I just don't want the OP to think we attack for no reason.

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

I never said he was trolling. But, how much friggin' grey matter does it take to guess that if you're looking for a company's phone number, you might try turning it into

Cripes....

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

I had a reason. You just didn't agree with it.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

"Jeff Strickland"...

To quote the old joke, "What do you mean *we* paleface?"

LOL

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®