Possessed Power Windows are Wacky

Power windows on my 1993 4Runner are going psycho.

Sometimes the master controller for windows and door locks on the drive door panel works just fine, sometimes not at all. Sometime the door locks click closed/open when just closing the door. Sometimes the master controller works when getting into the car and quits later... but the opposite is also true.

Easy enough to just get a new master controller... but is this likely to be the problem... or are there other parts that could be possessed.

Thx Dave-in-Denver

Reply to
dwkerschen

I'd check the contacts on the driver's door switch first. They get corroded and do weird things.

I dress them with a points file and then touch them up with solder.

Reply to
Hachiroku

My 'power' windows are run by amrstrong.... ;-)

Reply to
Scott in Florida

Thanks!!! I will check all the contact that I can find. Dave-in-Denver

Reply to
dwkerschen

Check the wire bundle of door controls where it bends between the door and the front door post. Remove the rubber armor cover and check for wire breaks where it has been bent opening and closing the door since

1993. Sometimes you have to look really close to find them and there are quite a few wires. Take your time and look at each one individually. You might want to try the controls with the door open and bend the wire bundle by hand to try to reproduce the problems.
Reply to
user

Excellent... will do.

Thx Dave-in-Denver