Power window

I have a 1999 Camry I4. Two months ago the driver side power window only can move 2 to 3inches at a time, and then it can not be moved until 5 to 10 minutes later. I noticed it will move a little more in cool condition or cool weather, I also use a hand to help move up or down, it will be work ok. Do you know this symptom is a motor problem or regulator problem? I would really appreciate any of your help!

Wenjie

Reply to
wenjiedeng

The window could be bound in the regulator track assembly. That is why when you help it up and down, the switches in the motor do not cut the power like when it's all the way up or down, or like now, sticking in the track, and it works for you. Check for freedom of movement of the window in the track and regulator. The reason it moves further in cooler weather is that the bi metal switches take a bit longer to heat up and cut the power.

Reply to
user