power window failure 95 Camry

I have unusual problem, I think. All power windows are dead except the driver's. It appears there's only one fuse for all of the windows and since the driver's window is working I'm guessing the fuse is fine. Actually, I'm still trying to locate the fuse, I think I may have to get a screwdriver out to find the 30 amp fuse. Windows were working the other day. Would something cause three motors to burn out? Other ideas?

Reply to
natumvidimus

How about that little switch on the driver's door that disables all the other windows? Did you try pressing that out?

Reply to
badgolferman

Good point, BGM. I would have overlooked that, too.

Reply to
Built_Well

The most likely cause of your problem is having the lockout switch on the master switch engaged. The other possibility is a bad master switch.

Reply to
Ray O

Or the switches are just plain corroded. The OP doesn't mention if this happens from JUST the driver's door or ALL doors. I have had corroded switches in 3 cars now. The driver's switch (window) almost always works because it gets the most use. The others seem to corrode from disuse.

Reply to
Hachiroku

My theory is that the driver's switches get corroded if people drive with the window open when it is damp or raining out.

Reply to
Ray O

My theory is that Toyota should design switches to fit the environment...

btw thanks to your tip about using WD 40 on my overhead light door switches in my '92 Corolla Wagon...it lights up the night every time I open any door or hatch....

Reply to
Scott in Florida

The problem is that the driver's master power door/window switch is not designed to be water proof or water resistant. If someone drives with the window cracked open while it is raining, then water drips in on the switch. I see this in smokers' cars quite a bit. One possible solution is to get those vent shades that allow yhou to crack the window open even when it is raining. Back in the olden days, cars had gutters that reduced the amount of water dripping in. Modern cars use different assembly methods, and gutters are noisy and so you don't see gutters any more. Back in the really olden days, vehicles had those triangular vent windows and not many cars had power windows so it wasn't as much as a problem before as it is now.

I agree, the solution is to build a water proof or water resistant switch.

You're welcome! There's nothing like having a light that works in the dark!

Reply to
Ray O

For sure!

I've been noticing more and more wagons like mine. Looks like they are coming back! Even Mercedes has one.

My '92 Corolla Wagon is the perfect car (in my humble opinion).

Reply to
Scott in Florida

I had several Camry wagons, they were very handy for hauling my brood around. The Tercel 4WD wagon was also pretty practical, I liked the All Trac Corolla wagons too. Of course, when I could choose any car and the company paid all expenses, then bigger vans and SUV's became more practical.

Reply to
Ray O

Well when you are fitted out with a corporate Gold American Express card and you are in Tokyo....you can eat Shabu Shabu too....LOL

I really would like to see the Corolla and Camry wagons come back, but I guess it would chew into the small SUV sales.

Reply to
Scott in Florida

LOL! Now you're making me hungry!

I remember when SUV's were a niche market and wagons were mainstream, but the roles have been reversed. I suspect that wagons will begin to make a comeback in the next 4 or 5 years.

Reply to
Ray O

LOL...if I can find it, I'll send you a couple of pictures I took in Key West....

It WILL make you hungry....

Reply to
Scott in Florida

You've got mail....

Reply to
Scott in Florida

Saw it! It's been a long time since I've been to Key West - too long!

Reply to
Ray O

There is a latch on the back doors that disengages the interior door releases and there is a lockout switch on the master power window switch so that the passengers cannot use the power windows.

Reply to
Ray O

That's it!

Reply to