power window problems

After I put a new window motor in my car, the window will drop a little bit whenever it touch the top edge of the window frame. Would anybody tell me how can I solve this problem. thanks

Reply to
1328

You didn't mention what make, model, and year vehicle, but I would suspect that when you mounted the motor to the regulator, it was not in the fully up position. Did you only change out the motor, or the motor and regulator assembly? Normally you have to switch out motors with the window in the fully up position and the motor in the same position. Wedge the window against the door at the top to stay up if you are alone. A bit more information would be helpful.

Reply to
user

Try to avoid touching the top edge of the window frame , WBMS Either that or take the vehicle it to somebody that knows the proper way to install glass ;)

mike.

Reply to
Mike Hunter

another suggestion I haven't seen is to check your owner's manual for instructions on how to re-initialize the power window if you have an auto-up feature. There's an anti-pinch safety for the auto-up windows, that the window will back down if it encounters resistance. So, if you disconnect the 12v power to your car, the auto-up window forgets where the top of your window is, and when it hits the top of the window it thinks it hit a finger and backs down. You need to reinitialize the window (usually hold the up window button until it hits the top and hold it there for a few seconds) to train the window to know where the top of the window should be, so it won't confuse it with a finger and back down...

Reply to
mrv