Previa Heater Core installation

Could anyone suggest a source for Toyota Previa heater core installation instructions?

Chilton's manual is virtually useless and I did not buy a Toyota shop manual when I purchased the car (which I should have done!).

thanks John

Reply to
JC

What model year and country are you looking for, and are you looking for the front heater core under the dashboard?

Reply to
Ray O

1996, US. Front heater core (I don't see leakage, but I sure do get the odor and the fogging up of the windshield)
Reply to
JC

I looked at the factory repair manual, and it doesn't show a procedure for replacing the front heater core, which means that whoever wrote the book assumes that it will be obvious to a dealer technician. I have removed the dashboard on a Previa to replace a cracked glove box, and it is a long, time-consuming job. Try looking under the dash to see if you can get the core out without having to remove the dashboard. If you have HVAC evacuation equipment, you might be able to get at the core from under the hood after removing the front evaporator.

Reply to
Ray O

Thanks for researching it.

Reply to
JC

You're welcome. My manual is for a 1993, but it should work for yours as well if you have any other questions.

Reply to
Ray O