Previa short, no power

I know this is a long shot, but my Previa has apparently developed a short and has lost all power. When I hooked up the charger it acted very erratic, buzzed and the metter bottomed out, which coupled with my loss of power seems to indicate short. Short of checking every inch of wire, which I cant do, are there some likely problem spots that I focus on? I've checked all fuses and as much wire as I can from the battery end of things, which, sonsidering its inm a harness, isnt much. Oh well it was worth asking....

Reply to
Joe

Check the fusible links and 100 amp main fuse .

Reply to
Ray O

You sure that the problem isn't the battery itself?...disconnect one side and see if the charger still acts strange...very odd symptoms you have there (unless it IS a battery problem)

Reply to
Gord Beaman

Could be the charger too. In any case, it surely isn't a short.

Reply to
FanJet

Actually, within 15 minutes of posting my question I had already determined it was the battery. Thats good, because I wast likely to find a short in the wiring.

Reply to
Joe

snip some

Great...and thanks for letting us know what happened Joe.

Reply to
Gord Beaman

OK, now what are the odds of this happening? I took the battery out of my other car when I had the problem 2 weeks ago, and now the exact same thing has happened to IT? I've never had this happen in my life, and now its happened twice in 2 weeks-could there be something wrong in the vehicle that is causing the batteries to short, or is this just extraordinary coincidence?

Reply to
Joe

Check alternator output, voltage regulator, loose battery tray and/or holddown, cables to battery.

Reply to
Ray O

You'll get counsel more informed than mine, but in general the simplest explanation most likely right. From what you've written, the Previa is the prime suspect.

And as with personal computers, any recent maintenance or modification should be the first area of investigation -- even if its seems implausible in respect of the problem.

Brent "It is a capital mistake to theorize before you have all the evidence. It biases the judgment." -- Arthur Conan Doyle in "Study in Scarlet"

Reply to
Brent