Previa Sliding Door Handle

Hi,

Have a 96 Toyota Previa, if we do not use the siding door for stays the door jams and it takes a lot of effort to open. Told dealer about this at last service but they could not find any problem. The other day, when trying to open the jammed door, the handle came out in my hand! Opened the door from the inside and heard something drop.

Have opened the inside panel but cannot see see how to put the handle back. Have a Chiltern Repair Manual but still at a loss. Do I need to buy a new handle or is it simply a case of refitting? How do I refit? Should I take the door off? Feel if I need to sort this out myself because this seems like a recurring problem.

Reply to
Gerry

The sliding door outer handle is held in place with 3 screws. There is a rod attached to the handle with a plastic clip, along with a wire connector if you have a theft deterrent system.

If the 3 screws are in place, you need a new handle.

Taking the sliding door off is a major job. It is not necessary to replace the handle.

Reply to
Ray O