Prius battery woes

Toyota is denying a problem that may delay the next model? Maybe they really *are* learning from America...

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

They are not saying that there is not a development problem of the battery. They are saying that they won't delay the next version of the hybrid because of the battery. The next version just won't use the new batteries.

They is more like admitting there is a problem.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

That's my point - why not wait until you tweak out the problem with certainty, before unleashing it on the public?

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

sounds like a production problem.. nothing more...

Reply to
Go Mavs

thats what I got out of it.. there is a production problem of the ions but they will just use the current batteries until they can switch to the ion..

seems more like a story about nothing...

Reply to
Go Mavs

What are they unleashing? A new car that has been throughly designed. They are not unleashing the new batteries, until they are better developed.

SO the problem is not the rest of the technology. It is just the batteries. So they are releasing what is proven and not releasing stuff that requires more development.

I am not sure what they are learning from America. I mean, think about the diesels of 25 years ago that GM unleashed.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

It seems there were significant problems with the current Prius battery - was that fixed? I never read that it was.

I try not to think about it.

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

I posted this yesterday. You trying to steal my thunder?

Reply to
dbu`

"dbu`" ...

I actually posted it first, but my server took a while to process it, I guess.

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

Hell, Toyota even has to recall floor mats LOL

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

At least they have floor mats to recall, :)

Reply to
dbu`