Prius fails Gerogia emissions test....

Scott in Florida

What do you want?

The governor of the state compaigned "on a platform of restoring public trust in state government and empowering all Georgians by eliminating undue interference by government bureaucracies."

I see he is as good as his word.

Republican Government at its finest.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

"If the ICE is not running at a constant idle speed, the emission test cannot complete and the vehicle fails."

The testing centers need to be updated then...

Reply to
Go Mavs

The subject line creates the wrong impression. The test procedure failed; not the Prius.

Reply to
Mister Bear

The Prius failed the test.

The test was badly designed, probably even for even non-hybrid cars.

But the Prius still failed the test; the Prius doesn't do what is required to pass the test.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

agreed

Reply to
Go Mavs

Wrong. Read the story again. No knee jerk reactions this time just because you hate the idea of environmental friendly life styles.

Reply to
Go Mavs

Your subject line is completely misleading. It implies that the emissions are too high & don't meet the state emissions standard, which of course is ludicrous.

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

It's a knee jerk reaction that many of these environmental damage deniers live on. The entire "their is no solid proof that the current global warming trend is being caused by us so let's keep polluting and mocking those who are concerned" attitude is ridiculous at best.

Reply to
Go Mavs

No, he said it fails, which, technically, it does. An "incompltete test" is considered a failure (in Mass, but the tests are Federal) and you get a Black reject (emissions).

Reply to
Hachiroku

But...there is no solid proof the warming trend is being caused by us!

See my other posts on the matter.

You are (I think) sort of new here; a few months ago (maybe a year?) I posted a post about a paper I did for a Geology course I was taking in College wherein I put forth the propostition that warming occurred prior to an ice age, and based it on the fact that August is the hottest month of the year, 6 weeks after the sun has reached it's highest point. In 1975 there wasn't a lot of reference to draw upon, so it was a LOT of inference. The biggest part of what I presented was that the Earth does not orbit the Sun uniformly, and at times orbit closer (warmer periods) and at others is further out (ice ages).

I believe we are on the verge of beginning the swing outward again, and the Earth is warming because we are nearing the cycle in the orbit pattern that brings us the closest to the sun.

Interestingly enough, studies of Antarctic ice have so far shown my 'theory' to be correct! (Believe me, it's something I keep an eye on!)

I posted a reference to some of the material I have run across in another post.

But the bottom line is, I don't believe we have as much an effect on climate change as we would be led to believe. There are a LOT greater factors to take into consideration! Do greenhouse gasses play a part? I would believe so, but remember there were those in the 50's that believed the emissions caused by burning (anything) for energy would bring on cooling!

(as you can see, this is a particularly interesting area of study for me. Had I gone into Geology instead of Electronics, I would have persued this!)

Reply to
Hachiroku

No my subject line is correct.

The Prius fails the Georgia emissions test.

Period....

Reply to
Scott in Florida

Maybe or maybe not. Its not necessarily easy to prove. However, in the mean time, it might be wise to lessen our release of C02.

Reply to
Go Mavs

They are attacking the messenger, LOL

Reply to
dbu.,

I don't see any attack.

The OP is saying that his subject line is correct. The OP is also correct.

The Prius failed the test. It is a stupid test. But what do you expect wtih a Republican governor? Well, at least he wears seat belts. ;-)

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

"Technically" being one operative word. ""Misleading" and "implies" being the other two.

Anyone reading that subject line, but not the article, would be left assuming that the Prius's emissions are too high to be able to pass the emissions test. I wouldn't put it past Scott to have posted it that way on purpose, just to get a reaction. If it wasn't on purpose, then... uh-oh...

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

DUH, CO2 is not a pollutant, without it all vegetation on earth would die. Without the greenhouse gases, that hold heat in the atmosphere, we could not live on the earth.

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Yet, with too much greenhouse gas, like on Venus, the Earth will get too hot.

DOH!

CO2 is also a poison. When I was doing lab research, rats were euthanized with CO2. CO2 nearly posioned the astronauts on the Apollo 13 mission (according to the book _The_Lost_Moon_ by James Lovell). If the concentration of CO2 in your body goes up by 50%, your blood pH will go down and you will start breathing real fast (this is called respiratory acidosis).

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

That's kind of a faulty argument. That's like saying some level of arsenic is important to the body so go ahead and drink a gallon of it. Or that iron is important to the body so eat 50 times the regular amount your body needs.

Reply to
Go Mavs

Precisely. This goes back to the thought process I was talking about. These guys dont think past their own argument. C02 is normal and in fact it is released naturally. However, doubling up on that or quadrupling isnt normal.. Kind of like saying a certain amoung of salt is normal for the body so it shouldnt hurt if you eat 100 times that amount. When infact it would kill you to do such a thing.

Reply to
Go Mavs